Chapter 49 Killer Clown

(This will go dark at times)
(NOTE! I was going to wait until tomorrow, but i really wanted to post this.)

Third pov

When Marinette opens her eyes it can't have been more than a few minutes since the goon knocked her out. Her vision is a bit shaky but she can she the terrefied faces of people around her.

Then she's dumped inside a truck together with Damian, five other people and a load of valuables.

Damian's hand on her arm is a steady precense as the truck starts moving.

"Beloved?"

She searched for him in the dark. "Dami?" She got his other hand.

He pulled her closer and into his arms, speaking quietly to her. "We'll be okay."

Marinette nodded against his shoulder. The bats would start looking.... But without someone to tell them where they are, they won't last. Shit, she never thought she'd come out with the truth this way. There's no way she can convince both Jason and Damian to not say anything about it.

"You need to help them."

***************************************************************

Damian's hand never stopped stroking his beloveds back, even as he listened to her.

He's the only one that can hear her talk.

"Bruce and the others won't find us in time without help. You gotta help them."

She knows.

Damian isn't that surprised by the fact. Although that might just be because he's trying to think about a way out of their current situation before the damn clown kills someone.

"It's our only chance, Damian. I don't know the city like you."

She's right and he hates it.

He feels her move a bit and her bag is put accross his shoulder. Then her head is resting on his shoulder. The fabric of his shirt felt wet.

"We'll be okay." He mumbles into her hair, it's a weak comfort he knows, but for the first time in a long time he's afraid.

He loves Marinette.

And he has to leave her with the clown that killed one of his brothers and tortured the other.

The truck stopped and he pressed a kiss onto the top of her head before he had to move and pretend to be unconscious.

"Trust me." Marinette mumbled before releasing his hand. But he isn't sure if it is him or herself she's talking to.

*************************************************************

Marinette and the others were pulled out of the truck. The guy that pulled her out pushed her into the middle of the- wait, a theater?

They were pushed backstage and into a big room.

Marinette can hear the ones looking through the truck arguing about Damian and what they're supposed to do with him.

It's cut off when she's pushed into a circle with the others. Marinette can count to ten people.

Two small kids, six adults, one teen like her and an older lady.

"Ladies and gentlemen~ Welcome to my newest masterpiece. The death day theater! And you will all be starring in the show." The Joker himself stepped out of the shadows.

Marinette would've snorted if it wasn't for the fact that the reality that there's no guarantee she'll survive was starting to set in.

Of all the rogues she'd read about, this one she could've lived a long and happy life without meeting.