XXIII.

CHAPTER 23: It Starts With A D!

A/N: The 28 days starts now and I hope you enjoy this chapter!💚

🍪Ellie's P.OV

My alarm has been blaring off for around five minutes now and I still didn't want to leave the bed.

I groaned in annoyance knowing that I'll be late if I don't get up now. I wrapped the blanket around me like a burrito before rolling myself out of bed and into the floor.

I cursed, my elbow accidentally colliding in my stomach painfully. I counted to ten before forcing my body to stand up.

I groggily made my way to the bathroom, took a ten minute shower with cold water and felt much more alive after.

Today, I decided to change into a white sleeveless crop top that had a butterfly print on the middle paired it with my light blue high-waisted jeans and finished it off with my white vans.

I gently combed my hair with my fingers, ruffling it a bit so that it wouldn't limp like a dead fish. I applied chapstick on my lips and pouted in the mirror.

"You look okay Ellie!" I smiled to myself, doing a thumbs up.

I made my way downstairs and was greeted by a crying Theodore and a stressed mom. Dad was probably upstairs and was still getting ready.

I mentally rolled my eyes, usually he takes longer than us to take ready.

"What's wrong?" I worriedly asked, crouching down to Theodore's height.

"His fever has been running high since last night and he wouldn't go to the doctor with me," Mom sighed, running a hand through her dishevel hair.

Theodore hugged me, placing his head on the crook of my neck. I wrapped an arm around his waist and glanced at mom in alarm when I felt how hot he was.

"I don't wanna go," He cried softly,"The doctoh is gonna stab me with a needle,"

"I'll handle this mom, go tell dad to hurry his butt." I nodded at her.

Mom gave me a thankful smile before making her way upstairs. Once mom wasn't in hearing range, I pulled away from him.

"Don't worry buddy, the doctor is not allowed to do that." I assured him, wiping his tears away.

"He's not?" He paused, his doe eyes widening even more.

I shook my head,"He's not buddy, I promise. He's just gonna help in making you feel okay again." I explained.

He hugged me again,"I'm scared Ewwie," He mumbled, sniffling.

I leaned closer to his ear."He's probably gonna give you a candy afterwards."

I patted his back gently."It's okay buddy, I get scared too when I visit the doctor but mom will be with you and she'll protect you." I assured, pulling away and placed a peck on his cheek.

"Owkay, I'll go." He mumbled, pulling away and rubbing his eyes.

"How about this? If you get well, I'll promise to buy you ice cream." I said, giving him a grin.