Chapter Sixteen: Faster

"Chapter Sixteen: I Should Die Faster Then?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I want you to be your light, baby."

-Promise, BTS Jimin

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Miss Nyx! Have you heard about the luna?" Gyuri asked you as she fixed your clothes from your luggage. You stiffened as your hands paused from folding the clothes. You looked at Gyuri who looked at you with stars dancing in her eyes. Raven laughed as she fixed your weapons from your duffel bag.

They still don't know who I am? Then maybe the whole kingdom doesn't too.

"I heard that her smile could light up the whole room."Raven beamed, spreading her arms that held some guns, emphasizing her words. You tilted your head as you furrowed your eyebrows, stacking your masks.

"Where did you hear that from?" You asked as you gave the masks to Gyuri. Raven scratched her nape as she smiled nervously.

"I overheard His majesty, Prince Jimin says those words to Prince Jungkook and Prince Taehyung," She explained. You looked at her with wide eyes before turning around, hiding your flustered face. 

Do they really think that?  You asked yourself, frowning as you grabbed a new stack of clothes from your luggage. Gyuri squealed as she placed the masks down, clasping her hands together, giving a wistful smile.

"The butlers of the Kings told me that they would see the prince flustered from meeting the luna! They would see the princes with red faces and a wide smile," Gyuri exclaimed as she fangirled with her partner. You hid your face behind your palm, as you looked at the floor with wide eyes. 

Why am I getting flustered?! I should be emotionless! You exclaimed to yourself as you breathed in with closed eyes. You blew your hair away from your face, folding the clothes.

"I would do everything just to serve the luna even just once," Raven sighed, holding her cheek. Gyuri nodded her head repeatedly, yelling 'yes!' a couple of times.

"You already do," You murmured, using your breath instead of your voice. You pinched yourself, just realizing what you said. Did you really just said that? You shook your head as you finished the last stack.

"Oh yeah, Miss Nyx. Can I ask a question?" Gyuri faced you. You raised an eyebrow, gabbing the last of the items from the duffel bag. You shrugged at her.

"Ask away," You murmured, focused on organizing the sharp stuff on the drawers. 

"Why are you here?" Gyuri asked innocently. Raven gasped before slapping the back of her head. Raven faced you immediately, bowing with her head against the floor. She pulled Gyuri down with her, making her yelp at the sudden movement. You took a step back, surprised at their actions.

"Please forgive her, Miss Nyx! She's a rookie and hasn't memorized the rules to being a maid at the royal palace," Raven said loudly, her forehead still on the floor. Gyuri beside her whimpered as she subconsciously bared her neck. You kept quiet as you still haven't recovered from the shock. Raven took it as a bad response to her pleads.