[6] Malice

'Someone's... here?'

"Maybe it's another traveler..." you suggest reluctantly.

Killua shakes his head stiffly. "Trust me. It's not."

His eyes widen in shock. He instinctively reached for Alluka, making sure she's safe. "No way..." he mumbles.

You stay silent, unsure of what to do or say. 

Suddenly, Killua grabs your wrist, pulling you towards him. 

'W-what?!'

"Listen, we're running away, so grab on to me. Got that, Alluka, (Y/N)?" Killua says sternly, not making eye contact with any of you. Suddenly, you see sparks of electricity surrounding the three of you, as you felt a slight tingle all throughout your body. Killua's hair spikes up, and his eyes reflect an electric blue color. 

'What in the world is happening?!'

Before the three of you take off, a nonchalant voice, masking its sinister undertone, calls out.

"Kil~"

As soon as Killua heard this, he froze in his tracks. You hear him take in a shaky breath. Looking up at him, you see a bead of cold sweat roll down from his forehead.

You look behind you towards the source of the voice. In the distance, you see a very tall young man whose skin was as pale as Killua's. He had very long jet-black hair, and emotionless, empty black eyes. He wore green pants and a green top, with yellow pins sticking out of it.

The man slowly walks toward you. "Did you really think I would give up on it? That you would be able to run from me?" He continues to say in his nonchalant tone as if these kinds of things were perfectly normal to him.

Instinctively, you shrink away in fear and into Killua's arms, as you felt enormous pressure, like needles pricking your skin. Killua holds you tighter.

'Illumi... Impossible... How can he be here? Unless he was able to track down where we were going... No, that's not it... I made sure everything we did cannot be traced!' Killua said to himself.

Slowly, a crowd of people begins to surround the three of you. Each of them had unnatural movements and a needle sticking out of their heads. You look at them in shock, before a distinctive crease formed in between your brows. Pure anger graced your normally cheerful features. 

'Crap, he's got his Needlemen! Do I use Godspeed right now to get them away from here as fast as I can?' Killua ponders, scanning his surroundings.

'No, it would be too risky to manage that and keep both Alluka and (Y/N) safe,' he thought as he held Alluka closer to him. 

"How did you find us?" Killua warily asked the man called Illumi, gritting his teeth at him. "Let me get to the point," Illumi says, ignoring Killua's question completely. "I'm the one who can use Nanika's power effectively and safely, for the Zoldyck family," he says, stopping a good distance in front of the three of you. He extends a hand towards Killua. "Come back home with me, Kil, Alluka. With you at his side, Kil, I can guarantee Alluka's freedom at least."

'Nanika? Zoldyck family?' You continued frowning, feeling completely out of place. You look towards Alluka, who was looking at the man curiously, yet cautiously.

"Didn't we have this conversation already?! I'm never giving Alluka to you, she's not an object!" Killua claps back.

'I have no choice,' Killua thought. 'I'll have to summon--'