Boss in Trouble (Winter Soldier 2014)

S.H.I.E.L.D. Facility

Hours after the brutal mission, Captain America aka Steve Rogers and Titan aka Y/N L/N (who has a bandage around his injured but healing leg) walk through the facility in uniform. Aiming to talk to one man, and we all know who that one is.

"Now when we get in there-" Y/N starts off with Rogers, "lets just EASE our way into a conversation. Remember, CONVERSATION, not CONFRONTATION."

Steve seems to not take much heed to the advice when he simply glances at the teen next to him.

Y/N is the first to open the door, ready to spread just how well he did on their recent mission,
"Uncle Fury! How's my one-eyed pirate doing being stuck behind a desk."

Fury, who is behind leaning his head on his raised arm, turns his chair, "L/N, I presume you're here to tell me how well the mission went..."

"You know me so-" "You just cant stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve interrupts, causing Y/N to put on a deadpanned look,

After what I just said....

"I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff has a different mission than yours." "Which you didn't feel obliged to share!"

Fury lazily looks up at the irked Captain, "I'm not obliged to do anything...." Nick then glances at Y/N's leg, "Hows the leg kid?"

Y/N looks down, and waves it off as nothing, "Bah, it's fine. Not gonna let a shrapnel injury distract me too much."

"Those hostages could have died, Nick." Rogers sternly adds in, amazed on the inside about how Nick isn't taking this more seriously,

"I sent the greatest soldier in history and potentially the biggest force the world will see to make sure that didn't happen."

Y/N raises his hand to clear something up,
"Question: I assume you are referring to me as the biggest fo-" He stops himself when both men glare at him.

Steve turns his head to put his attention back on Fury, "Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys, running around shooting guns."

"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye." Fury now stands, looking at both agents, "Look, I didn't want either one of you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff IS comfortable with everything."

"I usually agree with most of your thinking," Y/N tags in, "but it would've been nice to fill us in on quote on quote "side missions", BUT I won't trip too hard on it. The mission was a success at the end of the day." Mostly because of me...

"It's called compartmentalization." This causes Y/N to widen his eyes, "OOH, that's the big word of the day."

Nick rolls his eye, "Nobody spills the secrets, because nobody knows them all."

"Expect you." Rogers points out. Fury simply backs away from his desk as he takes a deep breath,
"You're wrong about me. I DO share. I'm nice like that."

Nick leads Y/N and Steve through an elevator, with the intent to show them something rather spectacular.

"Insight bay." Fury says as he is the first to walk through, suddenly a computerized female voice sounds off, "Captain Rogers and Agent L/N do not have clearance for Project Insight."

"Director override. Fury, Nicholas J." Fury responds, "Confirmed" The doors then close as all three stand amidst in comfortable silence,

I wasn't given clearance? Now this I gotta check out....