xxiv. lone pine mall

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕨𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕕𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕤

WITHOUT MUCH OF A WARNING, Amanda looked down to see the engine had died. Marty looked past her at the sound of the car now having faded out rather suddenly and only proving the amount of bad luck they've had this entire trip was severe. "Spare me, don't say it."

Trying to grind the engine with the key again, she shook her head in disappointment. "Christ you've gotta be kidding me."

Marty turned over to her noticeably getting frustrated and began to feel useless in the passenger seat. He looked around anything in the Delorean to help her out before they completely ran out of time.

He looked up the clock to see the very little time left as Amanda was too focused on trying to get the car to start to notice they were pushing it at this rate. Cursing under her breath he leaned into his seat to silently hope that they both wouldn't have to inevitably be stuck in 1955.

The alarm rang suddenly rang to have Amanda and him look to it annoyed. "Here we go. Here we go. This time. Come on," She muttered under her breath before yelling out of frustration and slamming her head on the steering wheel. She jumped out of surprise, the Delorean suddenly starting up again as she laughed at the pure luck.

"Drive!" Marty yelled beside her before the tires were now speeding past the street.

"On it!" Amanda answered with a confident grin to slam her foot on the gas pedal. At the rate in which she was driving, the speed now went by rapidly as the teenagers speeded down the street in the time vehicle. Looking up ahead to see the Clock Tower beginning to come into view at around 80 miles per hour, had Marty grow worried at the lack of any lightning nearby beside the streaks no doubt lining the entire sky at this point.

Seeing the Clock Tower quickly, he looked over to notice Doc struggling with the cable yet again and began to worry. "Doc-" The Delorean was now at 88, having the them lean back their our seats over the speed they were going in as Amanda could only barely make out the light that must've come from the lightning having struck the clock tower.

The view of the movie theatre was suddenly turned back to the empty space for church gatherings in town, Amanda crashing into the building suddenly out of surprise. Lunging forward from the collision, she looked over to him groaning over the hit before setting the car into reverse to back out of the building. He stopped the car to have them step outside as she looked to see a dirtier version of Hill Valley with the town bum making it quite obvious they were back in 1985.

She laughed over this, Marty and her hugging each other for a moment over the success before looking to the time. "1:24 am. Doc-"

"We've still got time." She went inside to start the car, but before Marty could follow suit Amanda was muttering under her breath in disappointment. Hearing her begin to try and start the engine again, he assumed the same issue was rising from before.

A sound of tires screeching from behind the court house had me turn towards the direction, a van now appearing exactly like the ones the Libyans were in the same night we went back. "Marty, I think we should hurry," Amanda explained as she stepped outside of the car to look towards the same direction. Running as quickly as they could back to Twin Pines Mall—

"Wait, I work here, it was most definitely Twin Pines not Lone Pine," Amanda recognized upon seeing the lit sign above the parking lot now coming into view.

Rushing over to the parking lot entryway, the scene from that night began to play before them. "We're- We're too late," She said quietly, seeing Doc already raising his hands defenseless from the Libyans. Shooting him down just as they watched them do before, Amanda looked past them in the direction to hear someone call out in response to this. She watched herself again have Marty be lucky enough the men were out of ammo as she pulled him to the Delorean out of fear.

She looked over to Marty beside her rolling down the grass area in an attempt to make it to the parking lot where Doc was, following along behind him before turning ahead to watch the Delorean go off in a flash to leave the van to crash into the photo hut as a result. He turned over to her, coming up to help her down the steep side of the hill to rush over to Doc. still laying on to the floor where he was shot. "Doc!"

Marty turned him over to have him still wearing a stunned expression on his face, tearing up again over the lack of time they had to warn him. "No!" Noticing him beginning to sob over this, Amanda hugged him immediately to shut her eyes to cry over this as well.

After everything- he was really gone. It was as if all the trouble they had gone through had been for nothing.

Opening her eyes again to see Doc now sitting up right, she widened her eyes surprised to let go of Marty. He did the same, the two of them not believing the sight. "You're alive!"

Doc looked between the teenagers to unzip his radiation suit and reveal a bulletproof vest underneath. Knowing very well he had ripped the letter right in front of them in 1955, Amanda only questioned this further. "How did you know?"

He grinned over this as Marty shook his head. "We never got the chance to tell you?" Revealing an envelope now taped up, Marty took it to have the them see it was the very same one from Lou's café in 1955 being held together by tape to be somewhat legible as a result.

Amanda laughed under her breath to raise a brow over to him at this. "What about all that talk, about future events?"

Marty chuckled to nod in agreement. "The space-time continuum?"

Doc shrugged his shoulders with a smug grin on his face. "Well, I figured, what the hell."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

HAVING TAKEN DOC back to fix the Delorean, the car was started up again in no time as he drove them back home. "You still going back to the future, Doc?" Amanda asked him, sitting on Marty's lap as there lacked a third seat in the car. Considering though she'd done it before from the band's van being stuffed usually from equipment, the blonde wasn't bothered by it.

Doc nodded. "Absolutely, already still packed." Turning up to see her house coming into view, she pulled open the door to step outside.

Leaning over the side, she smiled over to Doc. "Be sure to look me up wherever and whenever you go, alright?" He nodded and Amanda looked over to Marty briefly. "I'll see you tomorrow, blue." Shutting the door behind her, she made her way up the driveway to prepare myself to sneak into her room.

Eyeing his friend, Marty turned back over to Doc giving him a smile in regards to this. "I'll be a minute, tops!" The older man laughed over his enthusiasm and watched the young boy now following after her.

Turning back to see him, Amanda couldn't help to laugh under my breath at the sight. "Did you wanna walk me home?"

He laughed along with her over this, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Come with me tomorrow— to the lake."

Growing nervous herself over the question, she only responded back flustered. "Marty, really? We just got back?"

"Just call me tomorrow at least, alright?"

He swung her hand in his, looking up to her to wait for an answer. Not helping to admire him like this, Amanda nodded in agreement. "Alright, McFly." He grinned, pleased with himself for a moment to slowly back up to the DeLorean again. "You're forgetting something you know?" Marty, expecting her to kiss him, instead had Amanda merely close the space between them to kiss his cheek instead and have him sigh over the tease.

"Go home, blue."

"Only if you call tomorrow, doe eyes." She rolled her eyes to shove him away, waving goodbye to Doc one last time before he dropped Marty back off to his place.

Moving up the rain gutters using the tops of the trash cans as she usually did, Amanda her bedroom window to step inside and find all her knick knacks still in tact.

Everything's back to normal, as it should be.