Chapter 9

"Hi Renjun!" The group looked up from their cafeteria table to see a girl standing behind Renjun. To be precise, it was Kim Haerim. Renjun rolled his eyes before turning around.

"Can I help you?" Renjun asked the girl. Haerim innocently batted her eyelashes, as the rest of the group held in their gags.

"I need homework help." Haerim said. Renjun sighed.

"Can't you ask your friends or something?" Renjun said, clearly annoyed. Haerim shook her head, pouting.

"Aren't you the class president? Shouldn't you be helping your fellow students?" Haerim said to him. Renjun mentally cursed in his head before giving in.

"I'll be in the library after school." Renjun said before turning her back to the girl. Haerim smirked, looking at Jeno for his reaction but the boy was too engulfed into the conversation he was having with Jaemin. She huffed before walking away.

As she left, Renjun looked at her friends with pleading eyes.

"Please don't leave me alone with her." Renjun said, looking at his friends, who were all avoiding eye contact.

"Um, Jaemin, Jisung, and I have soccer practice." Jeno said. Renjun turned to Chenle.

"I'm seeing my nephew." Chenle said with a shrug. "Haechan is driving me."

Jieun put her hands in front of her in an "X."

"I need to study on my own, make sure I finish everything before I visit Mark this weekend."

Renjun turned to the last person at the table, who was staring at her notebook. Mina looked up, seeing the boy's desperate state.

"I guess I could work on my articles in the library." Mina said with a smile.

"Good luck to both of you." Jeno said, munching on his food.

...

Mina watched as Haerim entered the library, nudging Renjun.

"Hey, you made me mess up my sketch!" Renjun cried out. Mina motioned to the girl who was looking around the library before meeting his eyes. A look of disappointment appeared on her face as she noticed Mina. Suddenly an idea popped into her head.

"Hi." Haerim said, taking a seat beside Renjun. Renjun gave her a fake smile.

"I hope you don't mind that I brought a friend." Renjun said, putting away his sketchbook. Haerim shook her head.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could take some pictures. I wanted to work on an article about Renjun and his tutoring sessions with students." Mina said with a smile.

Genius, Renjun thought as he heard the words leave her mouth. Haerim hesitated for a bit before agreeing.

"Yeah, that's fine with me, just make sure you get a good angle."

...

Mina smiled as she looked at the article she was finishing up. She was inputting the pictures of Renjun teaching Haerim when she heard her phone buzzed. Renjun and Haerim looked at her phone as she took it, checking her messages.

Jeno
We finished soccer practice, are you still in the library?

Mina
Yeah, I think they're almost finished. What's up?

Jeno
Do you two want to go to the café with me and Jaemin?

Mina poked Renjun showing him the text. Renjun nodded before turning his attention back to Haerim.

Mina
Renjun and I are down :)

Jeno
Okay, Jaemin and I will come over now then. Jisung left to go meet Chenle.

Mina heard notebooks close and noticed that Renjun and Haerim had finished.

"Do you understand it better now?" Renjun asked her. Haerim slowly nodded.

"Yeah, thanks." Haerim said, packing her stuff. Mina noticed two boys entering the library and heard Haerim scoff. As Haerim walked passed Jeno, she pretended to trip and fall, causing a commotion as the students in the library turned their heads. Jeno turned to look at the fallen girl. He reached his hand out.

"Are you okay?" Jeno asked as Haerim took his hand, smirking.

"Yeah, thank you so much." Haerim said, suddenly wrapping her arms around Jeno.

"Haerim, what are you doing?" Jeno whispered harshly, trying to wiggle out of the girl's arms. Haerim simply gave the male a wink before leaving the libary.

"Man, that girl is weird." Jaemin mumbled under his breath as they approached the table, where Mina and Renjun were packing up.

"Tell me about it." Renjun said as the four of them walked out towards the school's parking lot.

...

While Jaemin and Renjun were working on their scrapbook project for their art and photography classes, Mina showed Jeno the article she was working on.

"I like it, it definitely makes Renjun look more kind and caring." Jeno said after reading it, giving Mina an eye smile.

"Yeah, I figured it's hard to debunk his rumor so I think it would be better to prove that he's genuine and caring." Mina told him as she sipped her drink. She looked over her article one more time before publishing it and putting her laptop away.

"Jeno, what do you have for free period?" Mina asked the male sitting across from her. She realized that she didn't know much about Jeno.

"Music." Jeno responded to her surprise. Jeno laughed at the girl's reaction.

"Really? I would have never guessed." Mina replied with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I play guitar and violin. I also write song lyrics." Jeno told her. Mina's mouth widened in surprise.

"Wow, that's really impressive. I always thought you were boring and only into sports." Jeno sipped his drink as he held in his laughter.

"I'm more interesting than you think." Jeno replied with a smile.

———————————————————————————

DREAMIES FIRST WIN FOR RIDIN' YAYYYYYY hehehe :)