thirty nine- forever anonymous

~here's some fluffy hair peter parker for u~

Next day...

"Hey Peter, how are you feeling?" I asked as I approached his locker after homeroom. He was grabbing some books and putting away his jacket since the weather was getting nicer.

His mop of brown hair turned around and faced me, "H-hi, I'm fine. Just a bit sore." He chuckled, giving me his goofy smile.

I looked at his eye, it wasn't as swollen as yesterday and the colour faded to a light violet but it still looked bad.

"You need to remember to keep adding ice to do so that your black eye will heal quickly." I noted.

"Yeah of course, Nurse Y/N."

I chuckled, "I'm not a nurse. But if you feel any more worse, you should definitely go see a real nurse."

He nodded. "Yes, thanks Y/N." He awkwardly looked at me, I raised my eyebrows signally what?

"You-uh look nice today." he blurted. "I li-ike the b-blouse."

I grinned, "Thank you. You look nice too." He smiled awkwardly, rocking on his heels and looking around anywhere but my eyes.

He pulled out his watch, "I-uh got to go. I've got shop class first thing..."

"Yeah, bye I'll see you at Chemistry."

"Bye." I tugged my text books under my arms and turning around to head to my first class.

...

"So where did you go with Peter after the fight, yesterday?" Betty smirked, licking a lollipop during lunch.

I rolled my eyes, "Betty, you saw him get hurt. I just took him to the nurse."

"That's good." Liz added. "I knew Jacob was always a bully but seriously? Beating up a freshman and a sophomore is a bit harsh..."

"Y-yeah, what happened to him?" I asked.

"He got suspended for 2 weeks."

"W-what about Peter?"

"Apparently, he got detention for the rest of the week..."

"Right."

"Anyways, Homecoming is in like 3 weeks. Have you decided what to wear?" Liz asked.

"Uh-no, we still have 3 full weeks." Betty pointed out.

"Yeah." I agreed. "Betty are you going to go with Jason?" I asked since he asked her to go with him.

Betty sighed, "No, I told him that I already have a date and... it's my friends."

"What about you, Y/N?" Liz asked.

"Uh- I just want to go with you guys."

They both nodded, "Good choice until someone asks you out."