Chapter 10

"Thanks Mina." Renjun whispered to his lockermate as students walked by, complimenting his artwork inside his locker. Since the release of the article featuring his tutoring session, students have stopped giving him dirty looks as he walked around the halls.

A small girl with shoulder length hair, probably a junior, approached the two at their lockers.

"Can I help you?" Renjun asked the girl. She looked a little nervous to be talking to the senior.

"Is it true that you like Haerim?" She asked. Renjun let out a small laugh.

"Absolutely not, that's not true at all." Renjun replied. A small smile appeared on her lips as Renjun said those words.

"Are you always at the library after school?" She continued to ask. Haechan had finished getting his stuff from his locker so he approached the two.

"What is that about?" Haechan asked, motioning to the two. Mina shrugged her shoulders as the two continued observing.

"No, only when I need to be." Renjun told her, closing his locker. She girl nodded, looking away.

"Why do you ask?" Renjun said to the girl, catching her off guard.

"I... uh... I need some help with some of my classes." The girl said, looking down at her feet. Renjun nodded, acknowledging her statement.

"Well, I'll be at the library after school if you need help," Renjun paused, realizing that he didn't know her name.

"Areum." The girl replied with a smile. Renjun turned around, signalling that he was ready to head to class.

"You're in a good mood." Haechan said, noticing the small smile Renjun wore on his face as the three of them made their way to class.

"What, I can't be happy?" Renjun said, giving Haechan a look.

"Do you know her?" Mina asked as they entered the classroom. Renjun nodded.

"Know who?" Jaemin asked, overhearing their conversation as they sat down at their desks.

"This junior girl asked Renjun to tutor her and he agreed." Haechan filled the rest of the group in.

"Who is she?" Jeno asked, curious.

"She's in my art class. I recognized her face but I'm bad with names, you all know that." Renjun told them, taking out his books.

"But you know her name now, right?" Jaemin said suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows, making Jeno groan.

"Yeah, it's Areum." Renjun said, smiling to himself as he looked down at his notes.

...

Chenle and Jisung watched as Areum took her seat in front of the two boys, smirking. Jisung reached out to tap her shoulder. She turned around to face them.

"So, did you ask him?" Jisung asked her, curiosity filling his eyes.

"Yeah, Renjun said he'll be in the library after school." Areum told the two boys. The cheered for her, causing their classmates to stare. Chenle and Jisung awkwardly sat back down in their seats.

"See, I told you he's not that scary." Chenle said, teasing the girl. Areum smiled at the two boys.

"Yeah, I hope this works, I can't afford to fail another test." Areum said with a sigh. Chenle shook his head.

"Renjun hyung taught Jisung well enough to pass his tests, I'm pretty sure you'll pass yours." Chenle said, as Jisung pouted at his statement. Chenle simply smiled at his friend ignoring his pout.

"If he's giving you a hard time, let us know, okay?" Jisung said to her. Areum nodded, turning back to face the front of the class.

...

"I heard Soojung is going for the lead role again this year." Haechan heard students whisper. Haechan was in his free period class, musical theatre, his favourite class of the day. He looked over as the girl took her seat beside him.

"She's going to have trouble getting the lead since she can't sleep with the new teacher." A student snickered, referring to their new female musical theatre teacher.

"Doesn't it bother you?" Haechan asked her. She moved her head so her jet black hair wasn't in her face.

"What?" Soojung asked him. Haechan motioned to the whispering students.

"Does it bother you that students think you're gay when you're not." She asked back. Haechan was dumbfounded, not knowing what to say. Soojung took out her score, warming up her voice, already knowing the answer to her question.

...

Renjun smiled as he saw Areum walk into the library, waving to her. Areum looked up, seeing the boy and quickly approached where he was sitting.

"What homework do you have today?" Renjun asked Areum as she got settled.

"Math and science." Areum replied, taking out her notebooks. She passed Renjun the problem sets she was given.

"Do you have any upcoming tests or assignments?" Renjun questioned. Areum thought for a second before answering.

"I have a math test next friday." Areum told him. Renjun nodded, making note of it in his notebook.

"Let's start with math then." Renjun said, taking out his calculator.

...

Jaemin watched as Eunha shot daggers from her eyes as she walked passed him. Jaemin sighed, leaning on the lockers.

"Jeno, should I just date?" Jaemin asked the make putting his stuff away. Jeno looked up, confused.

"Why are you suddenly asking this?" Jeno asked him. Jaemin moved his eyes to the whispering students.

"You're not a player Jaemin, don't let it get to you." Jeno said as he took out his gym bag for soccer practice.

"It's getting annoying though." Jaemin said as the two of them made their way to the locker room. As they were changing, they heard their phone buzz. They picked up their phone, revealing photos of Jeno helping Haerim up in the library.

Rumor has it that Lee Jeno is back together with Kim Haerim. Congratulations!

~ Anonymous

"I take that back, I'm not dating." Jaemin said as he watched Jeno shove his phone in his bag.

———————————————————————————

Tbh i'm not really sure where I'm going with this

Tbh i'm not really sure where I'm going with this. I want Mina to end with one of the dreamies but i'm not sure which one yet 🤔