Chapter 49

We made love for how many times that night, but it was now inside his room. We just really missed each other for a long time. I also couldn't blame myself. Kasalukuyan kaming nakahiga sa malaki niyang kama.

I was wearing his shirt while he had nothing on top. Mas napagmamasdan ko na tuloy ang kaniyang katawan. He has long and broad shoulders. His biceps became juicier, and his chest was iron-clad. The six-pack abs was a head-turner, then his V line directed to his..uhm...birdie?

Nakahiga kaming dalawa. I was leaning on his bare chest while his arms were surrounding me. This felt so surreal. I've never been this comfortable throughout my life. I admit that my heart was happy about everything.

"Naz?"

"Hmmm?" he asked. He was playing with my hair.

"I happened to hear a recorder before. I thought you and Kestrel was—"

"Ha," he cut me off. "Love, voices can be manipulated. It wasn't me, and I'm certain about it."

Tama siya. It was my fault for believing something easily. Pero hindi ko naman masisisi ang sarili ko noon kung mabilis kong pinaniwalaan iyon.

"How about Aria? Do you know her?" tukoy ko sa manghuhula at tumulong samin ni Hera.

He nodded. Then, he chuckled. "How did you know her, love?"

"She helped me."

Lumayo sa 'kin nang kaunti para makita ang mukha ko. He was smiling the whole time. "She's my sister, and she's adopted too. Sabay kaming lumaki, kaming tatlo ni Kestrel at Aria. Kaya kami ang pinaka-close."

"Is she a mafia reaper?" I asked. That was what she told me before, hiding my strange tone.

Umiling siya at humagalpak ng tawa. Kinurot ko siya sa utong niya kaya tumigil din. Sumimangot ako.

"Did you actually believe that..." he roared deep chuckles. "Hindi, love. Hindi siya mafia reaper. But she was trained to fight. May saltik lang 'yon."

So, it wasn't true then? Akala ko naman totoo. Natigilan ako nang may pumasok sa isip ko na tanong. I was hesitating to ask, but I was very curious about it.

"D-did you already kill someone?" I asked bravely.

Natigilan siya dahil sa tanong ko na iyon. His mouth snapped shut. He pressed his lips together because of that. Agad akong nagsisi na itinanong ko pa iyon. But he told me that he was also trained to kill everyone who's gonna be a hindrance to the impostors, right?

"If I say yes, will you be scared of me?" he asked.

My eyes widened as I looked at him. Nakatuon lamang ang kaniyang paningin sa 'kin at hinihintay akong sagutin ang tanong niya. Then I asked myself the same thing.

Kung nakapatay na siya, would I be scared of him?

Hindi.

Hindi ako matatakot.

My love for him was stronger. It couldn't just be taken down. The scars of the past were tainted to him, but that fact was also one of the reasons why I still love him.

"No."

I leaned forward to caressed his face. He didn't flinch. He just closed his eyes and felt my touch.

"I will not be scared, love. No matter how bad you're, I'll always be here to make you good," I uttered. "My love for you will make you more than just enough."

I saw how he bit his lower lip. Parang...namula siya. He groaned. Binaon niya ang kaniyang mukha sa dibdib ko. I was shocked because of that, but I just smiled. My Nazareth was a baby.