Chapter 8

Crown

"(Y/N)!" Avani came in. You stepped back. "Y-Yes?" You responded. "Are you okay? You look pale."

"I'm alright." Cold sweat ran down your skin. "I was thinking..maybe..you could be princess of this village!" Avani exclaimed. "What? Me?" You seemed hesitant. This just wasn't the right time. "I-"

"We know the queen is on the run. We want to fight back. We want a leader, (Y/N). Who better..than the daughter herself?" Avani tried to convince you, taking a crown out of a bag.

Avani ran out of the building, shouting happily. Telling everyone they had a leader. Everyone seemed so happy. The boy looked in the distance where you were. Link walked next to you. "You agreed to this?" He asked. You looked back at the staff. "Link, please keep an eye on me. For the love of the gods, don't let me touch the staff." You told him. "For the love of you, you mean."

"Link, I'm being serious!"

"Okay! Okay! You're on my watch, princess." He said. Something's attracting you to it. You walked toward it. "Hey! No!" Link pulled you. "We go this way." He pulled you hand to walk away from the building. Link brought you to Avani, who was about to give you something.

"For all the years that I took care of you..I always saw you sitting on the throne. You were supposed to thrive. We can still make that happen. Here." She gave you a ruby. Shape of the moon. "It's really pretty..."

It's calling you. Link noticed your facial expression change. He held your hand tighter.

Nothing mattered, except for the staff. You yanked your hand out of Link's and ran to the staff. "(Y/N)! No!" He ran after you. As you ran, you felt something stab your neck.

Seriously? A tranquilizer..?

You slowly fell to sleep on the ground. The ruby falls out of hands, close or the staff. Link catches up and sees you on the floor. The boy creeped up behind him. "Sorry."

Link quickly turns. "You did that? Wasn't that a little bit too much?" He asked. "For a god to grab a staff that's not hers, yet somehow she's thirsty for it? Isn't that TOO MUCH?"

"How do you know all this..?" Link felt uneasy. He carried you, so you'll be protected. "I sense many things." The boy said, smiling. "Yeah-huh. Okay."

~

"Master Link." Avani called. "Please just. Link." Link responded. "Link..many people are wondering what happened to the princess. I don't want to give them what we both saw. We know that wasn't her.." She said, holding her hands together. "I don't know..She lost a friend, cut her some slack."

Avani sat down next to Link, who was next to you while you slept. "We want revenge on the queen. The princess wanted to be next in the throne. To change the rules her mother made. We want the princess to give her the final blow. You and her are the only ones who can stop the queen."

Link looked up.

"Y'know..there were three kingdoms. The Fire kingdom. The Golden kingdom. The Water kingdom. Together, they made what they called their 'Universe'" Avani said. "Only one rules the Universe. We never knew who it was."

"Do the kingdoms always stay the same? There has to be an explanation for the queen's chaos." Link asked. "Thousands of years ago, there was a war. Not our war. Not the Fire's, nor the Water's. It was yours. In this land, you all had a war. It affected our kingdoms deeply. One of the sorcerers from the Fire kingdom couldn't take it..so she placed a spell. To kill all the Hylians. When the king at the Fire kingdom was alerted that she placed a spell where it didn't belong, he went mad. He scolded the sorcerer. Out of anger, the sorcerer used all of her power to place one of the most powerful spells she created on the kingdom. With that, she ran away. She ran, she ran at the point where she couldn't see her home anymore. She found herself in Hyrule. Finding out many people were killed, she mourned. Until she was found by someone. Someone who hated her. For everything she's done, that person was the one who killed her. Her mourning softened her. She found herself in a place between life and death."

Link looked down. "Why?"

"The Hero. He was so powerful, he could decided where she'd go." Avani looked at Link. "But, we believe the sorcerer and the hero had a good relationship. He may have killed her. She was companied him until it was time for him. After that, she spent years alone. We also believe she's supposed to live, forever. No matter the injury."

Link slowly realized who she was talking about. Could it be? No. Maybe. Avani left the room. Link stood up and gave it a quick thought. "(Y/N).." He attempted to wake you up. You slowly opened your eyes. "Wake up.."

"Link..?" You asked. "It's me, (Y/N). We're going somewhere, but we have to be quiet." He helped you get up from bed.

"What..happened?"

"You passed out before getting the staff you wanted." Link responded. Your eyes widen. "The staff.." Link held your hand. "It's okay, I'm with you on this one."

You and Link quietly entered the main building and found a surprise. The boy was there. "Stay away from the staff." Link said. The boy turned. "I was hoping you'd come. Why do you crave for this?" He asked.

"It's important and we need it." You said. When the boy grabbed the staff, it changed the way it looked. Grabbing the staff alerted Avani and many others. "What's going on here?" She asked, looking around.

She looked at the boy holding the staff and gasped. "That can't be..we can't let him keep that for long!"

Link ran to the boy to get the staff back. Avani and the people ran the other way. Link jumped on top of the boy. "I got you!!"

The boy escaped Link's body, pushing him
back. An urge came onto you to create a lasso and grab the boy.

"Link!! Help!" Link stood up and pulled the lasso with you. The boy pulled back, but stopped and surrendered as he had seen someone in the distance. You sensed it. Link did too.

Once the boy fell, Link grabbed the staff and handed it to you. "How can you trust me after-"

"I just do. Now, place the ruby.." He said. You took out the ruby and placed it on the staff. From the form it was with the boy, it changed again. Avani was waiting for this. Mixing the Fire kingdom and the Golden kingdom would be powerful enough.