An American Tail

You may have been born in the states but you loved traveling abroad to Japan to visit some of the top-ranked heroes of the world. But there was also a second reason why you liked going over to Japan and it was the same reason you brought back an adorable girl home with you. You were dating Tomoko Shiretoko, better known as Ragdoll.

You both met one another while you were studying abroad and since then, stayed in contact and eventually fell in love with one another. In doing so, you both would temporarily "move" in with one another in each other's countries and just hang out and live with one another. So, currently, Ragdoll flew over to America to pay you a two-month visit, just the two of you.

You yawned awake, smacking your lips as you did so. You stretched a bit and glanced beside you and saw Ragdoll asleep beside you. You smiled, leaned down, and kissed her forehead and then her cheek. You decided then to go ahead and get some breakfast ready for you and your girlfriend. You began making the shared usual for you both which was eggs and bacon with toast and a big bowl of fruit. As you were cooking, you could almost feel Ragdoll in the room.

However, instead of thinking she would do something cute, she jumped onto your back and covered your eyes that way.

(Y/N): Ach! Tomoko! What the-

Ragdoll: Hey, (Y/N)! How are you?!

(Y/N): I was fine until you jumped on my back and nearly made my head crash down into the sink! I mean, why do you do this to me?

Ragdoll: Because I got full night's rest and I'm energized!

(Y/N): Then heaven help anyone who meets you today.

Ragdoll: Need any help with breakfast?

(Y/N): Oh, now you're worried about that.

Ragdoll giggled and got off of your back and began to help you out with breakfast. Eventually, you two sat down to eat with one another and talk about work for the day. You both wanted to run patrols around downtown Flagstaff where you lived. Ragdoll suggested a date later in the night which you were completely down for. So, that was the plan you guys had outlined and you both took off towards the city once breakfast was over with.

The drive was nice and smooth with no real issues. You parked down your standard spot near your agency. You talked to your sidekicks and gave out detailed instructions for the day. Everyone in your agency, yourself included, had a rotating schedule for monitor duty, patrols, and documents. Regardless, it was you turn for patrol along with Ragdoll so you both headed out into the city.

As you were walking along the street, some people were happy to see you, offering high-fives and other compliments. Others were surprised to see Ragdoll with you, also offering compliments, others confused and offended that a Japanese hero had to do an American's job or whatever. You were just happy to be with her and nothing was going to stop you. Around noon, you both walked through a small cafe and ordered some lunch. While you were paying for it, Ragdoll tugged on your sleeve while sipping on a soda.

(Y/N): Yeah?

Ragdoll: Check those guys out.

You looked at the TV screen Ragdoll was pointing at to see the UA sports festival. Two students were battling it out with sheer will power at this point. One kid was sending out massive amounts of wind pressure with just his fingertips while breaking them.

Ragdoll: It's kinda gross. Cool, but gross.

(Y/N): Yeah. Still, talk about dedication. I like it. Too bad they're UA students or I would be hired immediately.

Ragdoll: Weren't you a UA student?

(Y/N): I studied there abroad. Nothing more.

Ragdoll shrugged before walking off with a small bowl of food. You eventually had to chase her down as you both found a spot to eat in the busy market.

Ragdoll: So, do you really want to go on that date tonight?

(Y/N): Do you not want to anymore?

Ragdoll: I mean, I think this is pretty much it.

(Y/N): Eh, I guess. Besides, this is the tamest I have ever seen you as.

Ragdoll slowly began to smile again but your eyes widened a bit trying to stop her. However, she stopped herself when a blast went off nearby you guys. You both looked at one another, nodded and took off towards the blast. You both arrived and saw a few citizens were on the ground, bleeding and others running for their lives. Some of your sidekicks also arrived on the scene to help with civilians while you and Ragdoll went to hunt whoever did this down.

Ragdoll used her quirk to scan the area for anyone with an explosion like quirk. However, that was no longer necessary when a large blue, multi-armed man and a man in a red suit emerged causing another blast. You and Ragdoll looked at one another and nodded before chasing after the villain. Since you just ate, you had enough fuel for your quirk to work. You turned around, took in a deep breath, and yelled, using the added wind pressure to launch yourself backward. Ragdoll glanced back and saw you, jumped up, and landed on your back.

The two villains glanced back and were a bit stunned but kept moving.

Red: Damn! Heroes like this really piss me off!

Red turned around and fired off a few rockets with his hands towards you two. Ragdoll looked stunned but you quickly turned around and launched a massive gust of wind to stop the missiles. Ragdoll leaped off of you back and used the missiles as platforms to reach the two villains. Red's eyes widened in shock.

Red: I'm getting too old for this crap.

Ragdoll flipped over him, landed and punched the man in the face then went in for a roundhouse. Ragdoll flipped backward and landed on the face on the large blue villain. She then scratched at the face of the blue villain and then backflipped off of them. You then appeared before the blue villain and used your quirk to release another large amount of wind pressure and stopped the villain in his tracks.

Two of your sidekicks appeared on either side of the blue villain and punched him in the face, knocking him out. Ragdoll ran over and grabbed the red villain again and launched him upward only for you to appear and kick him back down onto the ground, knocking him out cold. You landed and Ragdoll walked up beside you. You playfully petted the spot in between her cat ears, to which she returned with a purr.

(Y/N): You're so weird.

Ragdoll: Yep!

You chuckled and waited with your sidekicks until the cops arrived. Once they did, it was business as usual for you guys. You resumed your patrols as clean crews came in. After going around the city for a couple of hours, you and Ragdoll decided to call it a day and head back home.

(Y/N): Sorry the day was pretty boring.

Ragdoll: Eh. Crime's been down for months. All thanks to you and the other agencies around here.

(Y/N): I mean, true I guess.

Ragdoll: You want to come to Japan with me? I'd think you'll like it this time of year! Plus, you could see Snake-Eyes and Patchwork too! And-

(Y/N): Yes. Mostly for you. But I'm always fine with seeing those two again.

Ragdoll smiled and playfully purred in your ear. You softly pushed her away which got her to make a still optimistic and excited smile on her face as you both went home for the day. However, the radio then picked up on a distress signal about a downtown robbery. You looked at her and she looked at you. You both smiled and nodded. You chuckled as you drove back to the robbery location, excited for the new prospects of working with the love of your life overseas.