《58》

KARTIK'S POV

It was tense atmosphere. All of us were gathered in the living room. Everyone was sitting sophisticatedly. Ahana was hugging Oreo and Orea was lying on the floor with his chin down in between his two paws. Everyone's eyes were looking at me as I dialled the police station

The call was finally picked.

"Hello inspector", I said.

"Yes Mr. Goenka", he replied.

"I wanted to know about the whereabouts of the dog's owners...did you find them?", I asked and everyone looked at me hopefully.

"I'm sorry but we didn't find anything Mr. Goenka....there's no missing report regarding a dog. The worst possibility is that something really tragic happened with the dog. He's lucky that he got saved", the inspector replied.

"Ohh", I said and everyone looked at me with worried eyes.

"So what's your decision? Are you gonna keep him or do you want me to contact the Animal Welfare Association?", the inspector asked waiting for my answer.

"Animal welfare association?", I asked others keeping the call on hold. And everyone nodded their heads side to side in big no's. You won't believe Naira was about to hit me with a belan that I said.

"No...we'll keep him", I said and Naira kept her belan back.

"Okay...good decision Mr. Goenka", the inspector said and ended the call.

I turned towards everybody.

"I guess from today we're gonna make rounds of the pet store also", I said and everyone's face brightened.

"Oreo is gonna live with us", I said smiling at them and Oreo jumped on me pushing me to the floor and licked all over my face.

"Yeahhhh", everyone exclaimed and hugged Oreo.

"Woohhhhh", Siya hooted.

All the kids rushed to me and hugged me tightly.

"We love you dad", they said hugging me.

"I love you guys too", I said kissing on top of their heads.

They released the hug and then came my wife.

"Thank you so much hubby", she said giving a peck on my lips.

"Anything for you darling", I said smiling at her.

"So....welcome the newest member of this family....Oreo Goenka", Pammi Aunty said making Oreo wear a brand new collar and he barked.

"Bhowww"

Oreo Goenka.....seriously??🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Naira stood in front of Oreo and gave him an introduction of the entire family.

"Hi my baby....I'm your mommy and he's your daddy", Naira said pointing towards me. Oreo looked at me sitting on the sofa and climbed on my lap.

"Aweeee", everyone said together and here I was getting mini heart attacks.

"These are your siblings - Siya, Aatish, Ahana and Sahil", Naira introduced Oreo with the kids.

"Hi...Oreo. Glad you're my brother. At least you're gonna be more useful than my twin brother", Siya teased Aatish and Aatish glared at her.

"And I'm Pammi Aunty....naam toh suna hi hoga", Pammi Aunty said and Oreo barked.

Everyone laughed. I looked at Oreo. He looked back at me.