Chapter 22: Anything Incriminating?

haha, yeah, the Friday update that I overshadowed by the Wednesday update that I accidentally did out of boredom

yikes

Also, this is insanely long because it's two snippets and a full chapter

enjoy

-rabid

***

STEPHAN

"Stephanie," Rocket runs his fingers up my back. "How'd date night go?"

"Uh," I shrug, then smile. "Pretty damn good."

"Alright, boys!" Nico leaps up onto a table and hits Ireland's old stick on the wood until she's got our attention. "I'd like to call attention to some important things before we get going,"

"I've got a hunch she's going to make fun of someone." I mumble to Rocket.

"Better not be me." Fenrir laughs behind us. I try not to snort at this.

"Thing one!" She points the stick at Paxy. "Gage, what happened to the beard?"

"Uh, well," He shrugs. "My mom's coming to visit."

"Mhmm," Nico nods for him to continue.

Gage puts his hand on his bare face. "And she wasn't a fan of the lazy goatee," His whole story is that last year, halfway through shaving after playoffs, he got interrupted, then kept the goatee he forgot to shave.

"Alright, so Paxy looks ten years old, next up," She points the stick right up at me and I turn red up to my hair. "Stephan Carter Sagamore what!" She adds some theatrics, throwing her ponytail dramatically. "IS THAT!" She pauses for dramatic effect. "On your neck!"

"Fuck," I mumble. "This woman is fucking crazy how did she even see that."

Nico laughs, Fen's laughing behind me, the team is in silent amused horror. "Can't hear you bud."

"Uh," My voice cracks like I'm going through puberty again.

"Is there a story?"

"Not really." It cracks again. God fucking dammit.

"You sound pretty nervous there," Nico raises an eyebrow. "Nothing happened with ballet girl?"

I turn pinker. "Her name's August," I clear my throat. "Come on dude, Jilly noticed first thing this morning, I've already been made fun of."

"So, anything spicy?"

"No, not really!"

Rocket taps my back. "Be careful, kid, you cry under pressure."

"Shut the hell up, international space station."

"Nothing spicy huh," Nico snorts. "Well, then, no more delaying, practice time."

AUGUST

"So, girlie, anything good?" Gabby shoulders me on the way out of work. "You've been smiley all day, what did that boy do to you?"

"He's magic I swear." I laugh, spinning around before realizing I probably look like a dork.

"Mhmm?" She grins. "Can I have some details?"

"We totally made out on the couch last night for like three hours and I," I giggle a little bit. Fucking hell, Stephan, you're making me all mushy inside. "I have never been kissed like that before."

"Look at you go," Gabby laughs. "Can I come over for dinner so we can talk about this more? He sounds like one hell of a keeper."

"He is, oh my god he is."