IV

The tastes had finally gone away. They weren't very frequent, presumably meaning that the bond between us wasn't very strong. I occasionally had the taste of nice foods, like a sweet apple or a strong, juicy orange. Unluckily for me, I'm allergic to most citrus fruits.

Whenever he eats oranges, drinks lemonade, puts lemon hand soap on or even goes near someone with a citrus scented perfume on, my throat swells and my hands start to tingle. It's not reached the point where I've had to go to the emergency room yet, but it's going to hit that point soon. I can only suffocate for a certain length of time before death actually happens.

I've tried my best to eat overpowering foods and brush my teeth lots so that I can't taste what he's eating. It's hopefully at least made him realise how hygienic I am since I constantly brush my teeth to get the taste of his food out of my mouth.

"Babe?" My boyfriend called, stumbling into the room.

I hadn't told him that he wasn't my soulmate yet. I keep telling people that I hadn't tasted anything yet- which was hopefully working. He didn't seem to mind, so I was just hoping to keep it on the down low until he realised I was lying. I know it's the wrong thing to do, but I love him so much. I don't want to lose him.

"Babe, come on. Our reservation is at eight and it's already half past seven. You know you take ages to get ready" He sighed, checking the time on his wrist watch.

I held my arms out, waiting for him to give me a hug.

"Are you okay?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I sighed, taking a deep inhale of his natural scent, "I just wanted a hug"

"I got you something" he said, chuckling, "but I'm only going to give it to you if you-"

"If I wha-"

He picked me up and threw me onto the bed. I screeched, giggling when he jumped on top of me.

"-Get dressed!" he exclaimed, giving me a soft, sweet kiss.

Every time he kissed me I felt worse. I wanted to tell him that I wasn't his soul mate, but I couldn't. It felt like a barrier stopping me from telling him.

I was hoping to find my soul mate soon in hope of putting a stop to the whole "scheme". It ends when you're twenty four, or alternatively, have found your soul mate. That means I have seven and a half years to find him, which didn't seem like a long time because there are a lot of people on the planet.

But that wasn't my focus tonight. Tonight was all about Benjamin. We had planned this night for over three weeks- and I wasn't going to get distracted by my stupid soul mate.