✨Chapter 5✨

Continuation of Jungkook's POV

I couldn't suppress my feelings anymore, I just broke down crying. I felt so weak. I felt like there was no one for me, no one. My parents died in an accident, my girlfriend died in a car crash. Why? Just why did god choose me to go through all these pain?

Mia was my everything. She gave me love, affection, care, everything that I couldn't get from my parents...but she, even she left me all alone in this world.

Author's POV

Jungkook was a crying mess now. He was crying harder than ever, he felt so deprived of love. Eventually his wail turned into sobs and then sniffles.
Eventually Jungkook got a hold on his emotions and continued with his usual work routine.

Meanwhile at Y/N's work place

"So I heard that you got married to THE Jeon Jungkook?" Your bestfried Nora asked you. You just nodded in response, clearly trying to avoid any further questions about your so called "husband". "Yah why are you ignoring Y/N??" "I'm not ignoring you Nora it's just that- nevermind." "No tell me please, I want to knowww" Nora started whinning like a kid. You understood that it was useless of you to hide it from her because at the end of the day she was the only one you could share your feelings with.

"Okay but let's go to the cafeteria first" you suggested as your best friend nodded in response.

Taking a seat in the cafeteria, you started speaking after releasing a deep sigh "He is actually very cold towards me. He never really speaks to me properly and is certainly very short tempered. I don't know the reason behind his ice like personality and I'm sure he must have a hurtful past" You stated. "Do you know what it is?" Nora asked in a concerned tone. You gave her a sad look.
"No. I know his parents passed away in an accident but I think there's more to his story. I've seen emptiness in his eyes but I don't think I've the courage to ask him anything about his past." You continued. "Then why did you marry him? Why did HE marry you?! Only to give you pain and hurt you huh?!" You could understand that Nora was getting angry and annoyed.

She has always been like this, the overprotective friend.
"Calm down! Calm down Nora. Are you planning to inform the whole office?" You said trying to settle Nora down.
"Oops sorry Y/N but I can't believe he is really playing with your feelings. I wonder why he agreed to marry you in the first place?"
"Because it was his parents' last wish" You replied before Nora could proceed further with her rantings.
"Well now it makes sense but still" Nora scoffed.
"Baby calm down. Don't worry I'll be fine" You said reassuringly.
"Whatever but please don't cry over him" You hummed in response.

You felt like all your stress has been removed. Everything that you were suppressing inside came out and you felt relieved. You needed this and you couldn't ask for anyone better than Nora.

Time skips

The day passed quickly and it was already time for you to go back home. But you didn't want to. You didn't want to confront him, you didn't want to see him, not because you hated him but because he...hurts you.