( 𝟎𝟑𝟓 ) psychotic states

—  ZOE STOOD WITH HER LITTLE SISTER in her arms, looking down at her like it was her lifeline, that everything she did was for this little baby

—  ZOE STOOD WITH HER LITTLE SISTER in her arms, looking down at her like it was her lifeline, that everything she did was for this little baby. Her mother's death wouldn't be for nothing, and she was going to make sure of that. She looked to the side and saw her father, having some sort of panic attack on the floor, before she turned back to Nate, who still stood close to her, keeping his hand on her back. She was glad he was by her side, and she couldn't ask for anything more. He was her everything. "Let me see the baby." Hershel spoke up, breaking Zoe out of her thoughts about the small baby. She didn't waste any time walking towards Hershel with her little sister wrapped up in Carl's jacket, cooing and grabbing for the air. Daryl was questioning if the baby could eat anything from the prison, whilst Nate held back to ensure that Rick was okay, but the man couldn't hear anyone, he was in his own little bubble, ignoring everyone around him. "The good news is she looks healthy. But she needs formula soon or she won't survive." Hershel told everyone as he opened Carl's jacket to look at the baby in Zoe's arms.

Panic rose in Zoe - the last thing a prison would have is formula, and she didn't even know if there was anywhere near where they could get the stuff. "Nope. No way." Daryl denied, "Not her. We ain't loosing nobody else." He said, knowing that the group had lost enough of their people since their time at the prison - he didn't want to loose this baby, too. "I'm going for a run." He announced.

"Want me to back you up?" Nate asked, moving away from an immobile Rick and heading towards his brother. Nate wanted nothing but to keep this baby alive, and he would do anything to keep it that way, along with Daryl.

Daryl instantly shook his head, motioning towards Zoe, who still looked like she was on the verge of fainting at any minute, "She needs you here." He told his brother. Over the course of travelling with this group, he had grown to like Zoe as a person, and knew that she treated his brother well - he didn't want anything to happen to her, as not only would he have lost someone close to him, but it would break his brother.

Nate instantly nodded, knowing that he did indeed have to stay behind for his girl, and keeping her sane is something that was heavily important. "I'll go." Maggie decided, knowing that she could be a good help on the run.

"Me too." Glenn spoke up, not wanting Maggie to go with Daryl alone, as they needed all the help they could get..

Zoe looked down at her baby sister with a ghost of a smile on her face, while the talking around her slowly faded and was blocked out once again as she recalled what she had to do back in the prison basement. It was only when she saw the blood coating her hands and in her nails, did her eyesight begin to blur, and she couldn't stand straight any longer, having the feeling that she was going to collapse. Beth saw this and instantly took the baby out of Zoe's hands, allowing the girl to breath. The second the baby was away, Zoe looked down at her hands and only now, saw the blood that coated them. Her mother's blood. She couldn't take her eyes off of them - her mother died under her hands.
"Zo." She heard as a muffle besides her, but she hadn't answered; it was like she was frozen staring at her dead mother's blood. "Zo." She heard again, this time more clearly, and after that, she saw Nate's face in front of her own, growing increasingly worried at her behaviour.