𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

"THINK THEY'RE HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS?" Cara asked the pair as they all walked together.

Mando walked between Cara and Aeryn, the child's floating crib following right behind him.

Greef, on the other hand, walked a few feet ahead of them along with his two remaining associates. They seemed to be occupied and were all engaged in a deep conversation.

Aeryn couldn't help but feel anxious for the child. If anything was to happen, she was determined to protect the child and Mando.

Whatever it takes.

"Could be." Mando answered as he continued walking between Cara and Aeryn. "Keep watch."

"I'm watching." Cara replied, her eyes fixated on Greef Karga's back.

"Me too." Aeryn acknowledged. "Always."

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

THE CITY OF NEVARRO can now be seen by the group. Just a few more minutes of walking and they'd be near enough to see what waited for them.

Greef Karga walked by Mando's side which made Aeryn cautious. He could be up to something without anyone even knowing.

The former guild master suddenly took a few steps ahead of them, stopping on their tracks. The rest of the group followed, curious of Greef's actions.

Then something unexpected happened.

Greef quickly turned around, his blasters both on his hands, and shot his remaining two associates walking far behind.

Mando, Cara, and Aeryn all took their blasters out, pointing it at the man in front of them. The man who just shot his own associates.

Aeryn and Cara took a quick glance behind them and saw a sight they never expected. The bodies of Greef's associates lied on the ground, lifeless.

Aeryn's eyebrows furrowed, confused of what just happened. Nevertheless, her grip on her blaster remained tight, cautious.

"There's something you should know." Greef began, raising both of his blasters in the air.

The former guild master, then, rushed to the lifeless bodies of his associates as he placed his blasters back to the holster. He kicked the dead bodies and their faces can now be seen.

Aeryn let out a short, sharp sigh at the sight of the lifeless bodies.

"The plan was to kill you and take the kid. But after what happened last night I couldn't go through with it." he admitted, now facing them.

Mando, Aeryn, and Cara remained on their stance, observing every move Greef made. Kuiil, on the other hand, made his way to the group.

"Go on, you can gun me down here and now, and it wouldn't violate the Code. But if you do, this child will never be safe." Greef added.

Aeryn and Mando took a quick glance at the child. It was looking up at them, as if it was asking what was going on.

"We'll take our chances." Cara replied sternly.