Chapter thirty-two

Chapter thirty two: brothers are forever.

***

Three days later

I avoided both Chase and Jared in school, I did not want to interact with them. For some odd reason, Jared kept following me around the school, hoping that I'd give him attention.

I was currently sat next to Annabelle who was babbling about her new girlfriend, she said that she gets bored easily from girls, because of their attitude. "I keep thinking they are right for me, two months later, BAM; they've changed, it's like new year new me, but it's new month new me."

"More like new day new me," I rolled my eyes. "Even boys are like that."

"Exactly, never believe the person who says girls are worse than guys when it comes to relationships because boys are just as bad as the girls," Annabelle said.

We were waiting for the teacher to arrive, my eyes shifted to the door, Leo entered the class with a huge grin on his face. "Hello, class!"

We were all used to how happy Leo was every day, and he always enters the class with a huge smile and has to greet the students. His eyes wandered around the room, and his eyes landed on mine. He walked over to our table, and looked at Annabelle. "Mind if borrowed your seat for today?"

Annabelle huffed as she stood up, collected her stuff and made her way to the back of the class, and sat next to a girl. Leo sat in Annabelle's seat, and kept staring at me.

"Are you going to say something?" I continued staring at the white board in front of us.

"I don't know what happened between you and Chase, but you guys need to fix things up," he began. "I'm not living with the Chase I know anymore, Scar, I feel like I'm living with a devil."

"And it's my problem, how?" I finally looked at him.

"Don't be stupid, Scarlett, you know why it is your problem! You've turned my brother to someone else nobody in our family knows anymore! You broke his heart, and you still blame him for leaving you for your own good. You're my best friend, I used to consider you as a sister, but now that you live with your brother, I can't put you first anymore, Chase is my brother, and he'll always be my brother," Leo stood up. "Friends come and go, brothers last forever."

And that's when he walked out of the door, not caring about the class that was going to start.

I held back the tears that were begging to fall, it was my mistake, everything that had happened was my mistake. Oh, how I'd do anything to run away from this life.

I wasn't in the mood to attend the class anymore, nor the other classes. I left the school with tears falling down, and that's when I decided.

That enough is enough.

***

I sent Chase a text message, telling him to meet me at the park near his house. He hesitated at first, but agreed later on.

Twenty minutes later, Chase arrived with Leo, Leo said something to Chase then he left, Chase walked over to where I was. He looked broken, he looked lost, his hair was all messy, his eyes only showed darkness.

We stood in front of each other in silence, nobody wanted to say something.

I sighed, I was uncomfortable with the way he was staring at me.

"I'd like to clear things up first," I began. "Jared and I were never in a relationship, it was all fake and it was all planned out, because his friends bet him that he could get with me, and we'd share the prize."

"I don't know why you're explaining this to me," he said in irritation. "I don't care anymore, do whatever you please, I'm not your boyfriend, I'm not your friend, I'm nothing to you, okay?"

"No, Chase," I shook my head. "You're everything to me, you're my best friend, my friend, and I don't want to lose you."

"But you already lost me when you rejected me," he whispered.

"I'm scared, Chase," I cried. "What if something happens and we lose each other? I don't want to lose you, you're... you're Chase."

"Don't you trust me, Scar?" He bit his lip. "So what if it happens all over again, Scar? We can do this all over again, I'll show you love again, I'll be with you again, I lost my best friend and I don't want to lose you too."

"Chase, I love you, and if I lost you again, it would all be your fault," I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"And if you lost me, you can blame it all on me, and I'll keep apologizing over and over again for you to forgive me," he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love you more, I could never and will never imagine myself being with someone else other than you, I know it might sound cheesy, but no one knows what we've been through together, and that's what makes us stronger, and this time... I'm going to tell the world."

"We'll take things slow though," I said.

"Of course," he nodded. "Anything for you."

***

Finally! I wanted them to forgive each other in a way that's more romantic, but it'd be more cliche. I need to fix things up here and there after I complete this book, because it is a mess.

Like.... ahhh!! I keep forgetting their ages ahh! Who's older Leo or Chase? But then when I read the previous chapters, I found out that Leo was younger than Chase.

Let me explain this once and for all, because I know I'll return to remember their ages.

Tyler: 20 years old (and yes he still lives with his parents but he does go to a university that is close to home and that is why he lives there).

Chase: 18 years old (he's a senior in high school, I don't think I ever mentioned it, I'm sorry:().

Leo: 17 years old (his mother was pregnant with him when Chase was still a newborn, and he's a junior like Scarlett).

Luke: 14 years old (Leo is three years older than Luke, their parents thought they were having kids too fast lol).

Scarlett: 17 years old (she's a junior as well, and she has two half brothers).

Noah: 24 years old (he works in the police station/department idk what you guys call it, and he hates his mother).

Oliver: he's 20 years old (he lives in a dorm with his friend because he didn't want to stay with his mother).

Are there any characters I forgot about?

No? Okay.

Thank you!

Please vote and comment!