33: The Devil's Secretary

The client was going to arrive at 1 pm. The whole company had been informed about that.

Time seemed to pass painfully with everyone's curious eyes lingering outside time and again. The clock finally struck 1 pm. The work place was dead serious and everyone was thinking about not making any mistakes today. Atleast not infront of anyone.

The staff's eyes darted towards the door often. As the room was secured with transparent glass, we could see who were passing by.

And the client should also pass by the same way if he had to reach to the C.E.O's office.

After a while, I heard commotion. There were many people outside. The C.E.O. himself and the other higher ups of the company could be seen. This client seemed to be very important because it's not everyday that the C.E.O. himself comes to receive the client.

After sometime, the footsteps grew louder.

All the eyes were focused on their own computer screen to make it seem like they were working really diligently and not actually dying out of curiosity.

I saw the face of the company's C.E.O and other chiefs of the company. They started walking leading the way for someone.

When they finally didn't block the view, my heart stopped. My eyes grew wider.

What the heck was he doing here?!

Now I certainly know why everyone is working so diligently and now I surely know  why this offer  occurs once in a blue moon.

Jimin was clad in a black suit with a calm air emanating from him.  His aura, oozing power and authority. With that aristocratic demeanour, he looked like a royalty.

Park Jimin.

I remembered how he used to be like when he went to close some business deals. Powerful and intimidating that made the other party cower away in fear.

With his sharp and calculating gaze, he managed to stay five steps ahead than anyone. I never managed to understand how he used to do that.

And I saw a figure behind him.

His Secretary

A smile formed on my lips noticing Soya walking behind him.  Her hands had tablets in them and she was checking it now and then just like how I used to.

I could see myself in her. I could see myself hastening to catch up with his fast pace. I could see myself trying to find my breath. I could see myself stressed out but still with one thing in my mind. To complete everything perfectly.

No place for regrets.

They walked to the conference hall. I let out a shaky breath. How did he manage to sign a deal with the same company I was working?

This company wasn't so influential as well and the company didn't have anything that the Park Industries couldn't have. That's why everyone had been informed about maintaining good workplace environment so that Mr Park wouldn't think that this deal wasn't good. This whole situation didn't make sense.

I tried so hard to avoid  him but now everything led to him. This was a big coincidence.

I made a secret agreement in my head. He would do his work and I would do mine. I will try my best not to be in front of him again and I think it would be pretty easy to hide.

How will he know that I work for the same company after all?

Everyone had started whispering. "That was Park Jimin!  The C.E.O of the Park Industries! The Billionaire!"