Chapter 7

Chloe's P.O.V

"Thanks Dude, I owe you one." I said as I get out of my car. My best friend slash driver, Gerard, held the door open for me.

"Miss, you know I would get fired if Mr. Andrew found out." He sighed.

"It's fine," I waved my hand dismissively. "I don't want to catch attention on my first day and I'm sure dad won't mind."

"Alright miss... I'll pick you up later."

"I have a name, Gerard. You make me feel old." I rolled my eyes at him.

Gerard was just a year older than me, he used to be the next heir to his dad's company until they went bankrupt. His sorry excuse of a dad left him and his mother on the streets claiming he'll "come back" when he get rich again. He did comeback but not to them, He married his successful mistress and went off.

Ever since then, my parents took the both of them in but dad said he had to work for him in exchange to which Gerard gladly accepted.

"I'm just keeping my end of the bargain miss, I can't thank your family enough for taking us in." He ran his hand on his blonde locks.

Gerard was a fine handsome guy, standing at 6'1, blonde locks and green piercing eyes and that suit he's wearing right now makes him hotter. It's difficult to comprehend he was once a chubby kid that has chocolate smeared on his cheek.

I snapped out of my trance and looked at the time. Shit I missed one class already... Shouldn't have finished that book in one sitting.

Gerard to park the car a couple of blocks away from school because it's unusual to see a sports car in a school's parking lot.

I was running late okay? I needed something fast.

"Have a nice day, miss." He bowed before closing the door and going back in the driver's seat. I started walking to the school, silently hoping it wouldn't turn out like I thought it would.

*

And it turned like like I thought it would. I'm not surprised. I see people stare at me in class, in fact, they stare everywhere I go.

Don't get me wrong, I love attention but sometimes it just gets overwhelming. I ignored them as best as I could but the shameless whispers hits a nerve.

"Hey don't worry about these guys." I looked at the source of the voice and saw a pair of blue eyes staring at me. Her hand resting on her chin, long black hair flowing down and her plump lips tugged up to a smile.

hot damn,  I said to myself. I would've given her a flirty response but I laid my head on the table and said, "I wish I could."

"It's not common here to see a girl transferring out of nowhere and the fact that you're really pretty makes it more uncommon." she chuckled.

"Plus you haven't been here for an hour and rumors are already circling around! Is it true you were dropped off in a Lamborghini by a handsome guy? That car is like...super expensive."

My lips pulled up in a smile, "between the handsome guy and a car, you chose to give the car more attention?" I propped my hand on my chin like hers.

"Well duh if the rumors were true then that means you're filthy rich-" She rolled her eyes at me, "-and guys really aren't my thing" she winked.

Awesome, first day and I already found my ideal friend!

"Chloe," I stretched my hand out. "You can meet my best friend too but she's doing something at the meantime."

"Victoria." She smiled and took my hand, lightly shaking it.

"Say Chloe, want to eat lunch with me and some friends?" She offered.

"I'd love to but probably next time. I want to wander around the school and maybe accidentally bump with someone and marry them." I joked.

"I understand. Just don't accidentally bump with the jocks, they're a bunch of fuck boys and assholes." She let out a small laugh.

"Oh don't worry" I smirked. "Boys aren't really my thing."

She picked up her bag and smiled brightly after hearing the same words she told me, "See you later?"

"See you later." I smiled back.

-----------
Author's notes

So uhhh my head kinda hurts and I remembered I went out a couple of weeks ago because I bought groceries...haha...

I'm kidding I feel a little better now

Thanks again to those people that voted and commented on my book. You know how to hype me up 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼