XV

I sit on the couch, trying to figure out what I want to write. My fingers type on the keyboard and I push my hair behind my ear, continuing to write as the thoughts flow.

"Lina!" I hear, my head tilting to look at Brenna.

"I've been calling your name for the past minute," she sighs, taking a seat next to me.

"Sorry, I was just finishing a thought," I explain, looking over at her. She's used to it by now; my writing taking me to a different world.

"You haven't left the house in weeks," she says, my eyes rolling. It's not been that long; I've just been avoiding someone.

"It's been a week. And I've left to run. I've just been busy," I tell her, her lips curving.

"Your phone's dead. I'd say you're ignoring someone," she teases, and I shrug. She knows about what happened the night I went out with him. She's convinced I'm growing feelings, but I think otherwise. I'm unsure of what is going on; that's all.

"Let's just go get drinks tonight. You need it," she tells me, and I sigh. I'm not in the mood to drink, but she has a point. I should get out.

"Do we have to go to the bar?" I ask, her head turning.

"Lina, it's literally the only bar in town. We're going; put your big girl pants on," she states, patting my leg before she goes to her room.

I continue working on the story, finding myself entranced in the words as I do so. My lower lip is bitten by my teeth and I shut the laptop, walking to my room.

Once a long-sleeved white high-neck top is on, I put on ripped jeans and heeled combat boots, walking out to Brenna.

"Hottie with a body," she smiles, causing me to shake my head. I put my hair in a bun and I spray perfume on, then the two of us go on our way.

When we get in, we go to the bar and order drinks. I scan the room and I see Harry in the corner, talking to some people. It doesn't look like he's seen me, so I make it a point to make sure I'm not.

"Brenna, order me whatever," I tell her when she asks, then she hands me whatever she orders. It's strong, but so good.

We start talking to a few guys next to us, one of them catching my eye. He's tall and his bright eyes are drawing me in.

"What's your name?" he asks, my body walking towards him.

"It's Lina," I tell him, his head leaning down towards mine. He tells me his name is Wyatt, my lips curving into a smile.

"Can I order you another?" he asks, my head nodding.

I turn to look at Brenna and she takes the hand of the guy she's with, winking at me. They walk out and I turn to look at Wyatt, his hand placing the drink in my hand. I take a sip and he smiles, taking my hand. With one more sip of the drink, we walk over to the dance floor.

I start dancing with him and I feel his hands press against my body, then his head dips into my neck. His lips press to my neck and I move into his touch, smiling at the feeling. The room starts to blur and I lift my head up to his, his face unable to be recognized. My mind starts to blur the lines between reality and fake, my eyes squeezing shut. I blink a few times, trying to fix my sight.

"Feeling it?" I hear Wyatt whisper, my lips pursing together.

"What...What did you...?" I trail, unable to even form a sentence. I'm confused.

"Time to make you feel good," he says in my ear, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Get off me," I groan, trying to shove him away. He pulls me tighter and I feel him walk me somewhere, my feet pressing to the ground to try and stop him.

"Stop!" I yell, keeping my eyes closed. I don't want to open them; I'm scared of whatever he put in my drink.

"You're not going to be saying that in a minute, beautiful," he sneers in my ear. I feel myself pressed against a wall and I scream, his hand covering my mouth.

"Gotta be quiet," he tells me, his hand trailing my body. This time, it's disgusting.

I open my eyes slowly, noticing I'm outside of the bar. It's where I met Harry for the first time.

Harry. He's working.

"Harry!" I yell, my eyes looking at Wyatt. He's angry at me; his eyes unable to be recognized with what's in my system. He looks unhuman.

"Shut the fuck up!" he yells at me, slamming his hand over my mouth. I continue to yell for Harry despite his hand, trying anything to get away from this man.

I bite his palm, causing him to yell at me. "Harry!" I take the opportunity, his hand placing over my mouth again.

Then he's off me, my body falling to the ground. I cough, trying to regain my breath. My body is starting to feel heavy.

"You don't fucking touch her! Or anyone else for that fucking matter! You disgusting piece of shit!" I hear Harry, the sounds of punches being thrown. My body falls, laying on the ground. I can't feel anything right now.

I hear Harry continue to throw punches, shoving Wyatt away. Then I feel hands on my face, my eyes lightly opening to see Harry. He's angry, but I know it's not at me.

"Can you hear me?" he asks, my head slowly nodding. At least I think I'm nodding.

"He drugged you," he says, and I can't tell if it's a question or a statement. I feel him lift me up and I get on my hands and knees, his arm holding me up.

"You need to throw up," he tells me, my eyes squeezing shut. I can't focus on anything; my mind and body feeling as if they're two different things.

"Lina, we have to do this. It has to get out," he tells me, and I feel my breathing quicken. He grabs my chin, helping my head lift, and I manage to put my fingers down my throat.

After I throw up, Harry pulls my body into his lap and holds me. His arms wrap tightly around me and I close my eyes, resting into his body.

"I'm here," he tells me, my hand grabbing his shirt. I don't care about how pathetic I must be right now; I just can't be on my own.

"Take me home," I barely break a sound, his arms lifting me up. I keep my head buried in his neck, trying not to make it evident that there are tears falling from my eyes.

The next thing I'm aware is my body being laid down, my eyes opening. I see Harry in front of me, his green eyes more visible than they had been. My eyes stare at him, taking him in. He has blood splattered on his cheek from the fight, undoubtedly not his own.

I can't bring myself to say any words, my hands grabbing his. My heart is pounding in my chest so hard that I can hear it. The rate is rapid and I feel so relieved to know that he's here. My eyes stay locked on his and I move his hands up to my face, allowing him to hold my cheeks.

My eyes close and I just feel his touch, unbelievably soothed at the feeling. The pound in my head seems to fade and I relax, my body falling back on the bed.