°33

Seri was bouncing the doll up and down in her arms as she stood in the cafeteria by her table- Haeji and Jaemin were sat basically cooing over their shared baby while Yeonrin snickered at Chenle, who on the next table was struggling with the cryin...

Seri was bouncing the doll up and down in her arms as she stood in the cafeteria by her table- Haeji and Jaemin were sat basically cooing over their shared baby while Yeonrin snickered at Chenle, who on the next table was struggling with the crying baby.

"Where is he?" Seri muttered, uneasy as she scoped the area for the familiar tall awkward boy.

"You okay?" The voice asked, sensing her distress and Seri turned around, only to make eye contact with Jeno who had his hand on her shoulder, eyes softened in in concern.

Seri nodded yet her eyes wandered and Jeno glanced down at the crying baby. He sent a small smile, carefully taking the doll out of her arms.

The girl, surprised, watched as Jeno began to almost naturally hum deeply while rocking the baby in his arms to his chest.

She was entranced by his paternal instincts that had grew over the month and Seri's lips parted in shock when Seji almost immediately quietened down into small babbling sounds and content hums.

Seri gasped at the newfound sound she hadn't heard from the doll, eyes wide as she inched closer till her shoulder grazed against his upper arm, unknowingly.

"How did you do that..." She trailed off, looking down at the doll who wasn't screaming for once.

Jeno smiled, turning his head to look down at the younger girl.
"I looked after my sister a lot." He said, still gently rocking Seji.

"Really? How old is she?"
"She just turned 4."
"Really? My sister is turning 4 in a week!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"I know, Somin always talks about Sihyeon."
"Wait," Seri's mouth fell agape. "Our sister's are friends?"

Jeno nodded with his famous eyesmile, his pinkish toned lips stretching into a wide grin.

"I figured she was your sister after seeing you pick her up from school."

The cafeteria doors opened as the tall boy flattened his hair down and adjusted his navy t-shirt into his dark washed jeans.

Jisung was weaving through the tables, humming softly to himself as he counted his money for lunch.

He heard her voice before he saw her, flickering his eyes up momentarily to see if it was her, disregarding anything around.

"Hey An-" he paused what he was saying when his eyes landed on Jeno who was holding their baby.

The feeling was sudden, new to him as his eyes narrowed down at the doll in his arms to where Seri was next to him, arms touching.

It was out of character for him, fire spreading through his body when he rashly grabbed the doll out of Jeno's arms.

"I'll take her." Jisung said almost bluntly, turning around to completely ignore the two as he joined the rest of his friends.

°

"Jaemin asked me on a date." Haeji whispered as he had left to buy her food. Everyone's jaw's dropped, gasps resounding.

"What!-"
"Shh! Stop, no one knows!" Haeji scolded Yeonrin who clamped her lips together.

Haeji turned her attention to Seri with a wide smile.
"I was wondering...if perhaps you and Jisung could you know, babysit our baby?"

Seri's face fell, her eyes drifting over to Jisung who was attempting to hush the baby with a panicked look on his face.

"You want us to look after two? We can barely handle one!"

"Well, good luck."

I kinda forgot if Haeji and Jaemin's baby was a girl or boy 😔