[17]

DAYS REMAINING: 30

DAYS REMAINING: 30

WHEN LUNA TOLD THE THEATER gang about how her had dad passed away, they immediately surrounded her in a group hug. Tears were shed by a couple people, feeling bad for the girl losing one of her parents. Their kind words and actions really made her feel better.

Her father's funeral went extremely well. It was clear that he was loved by so many, all wishing he had more days to spend with them. Of course the day was not easy for Luna, watching as her father was placed beneath the ground. Luckily, the entire day she had her mom and Ricky by her side, along with the theater gang who showed up at the funeral to support her on that tough day. The love and support shown to her that day put her mind at ease, knowing not all things were bad in her life at the moment. Things would get better again, at least she hoped.

It was the last day of school and rehearsal before their long weekend to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. The bell rang, signaling the end of the day. EJ Caswell let out a cheer, further interrupting Ricky and Nini's practice of the Start of Something New.

Miss Jenn stopped the cast from leaving as she had notes to give them before they left for the long weekend. "Ricky and Nini, that was good, but it could be better," the drama teacher noted. Luna's face scrunched up at these words, thinking the two of them sounded amazing.

"Wait, hold up. I thought they sounded really good," Luna spoke up. A few people mumbled that they agreed with her. Both singers shot her a grateful smile for her comment.

Miss Jenn plastered a fake smile on her face. "Thank you, Ms. Crawford, for your unneeded input!" A couple of people snickered, but Luna just shrugged with a bashful smile. "Moving on!" The rest of Miss Jenn's notes were being drowned out by everyone because they just wanted to leave already.

Ricky turned towards Nini, commenting, "Hm, well I thought we sounded okay like Luna said."

The brunette agreed, "Heck yeah, we're kinda killing it."

"Did you mean the both of us?" He chuckled, overthinking whether he was doing any good at this whole musical thing. Nini nodded with a smile. She thought he had really made some good improvements since they started in the beginning. She was proud of how far he had come.

With the end of that conversation, Ricky made his way across the rehearsal room to his girlfriend, wrapping his arms around her from behind. "Guess who?"

His girlfriend let out a little laugh before pretending to think. "Hmm. Is it EJ? Please tell me it's EJ!" She joked. He rolled his eyes, turning her around.

"No, it's Ricky. Your handsome knight in skinny jeans and converse," he grinned. She was quite amused with his response.

Luna laughed and shook her head. "Oh wait, that's even better!" He smirked at her.