Chapter 20 ~ When regions collide

"Hey Gary," Ash said and Serena felt like she had seen the boy somewhere, but she just didn't remember where.

Gary Oak looked at the two of them as well as Sylveon, who had circled her feelers into the joined hands of Ash and Serena and who was looking at Gary in wonder.

Suddenly Gary grinned broadly and said, "Well, Ashy-boy, hasn't been seen in a long time." Then he suddenly noticed that Ash was holding Serena's hand and raising his eyebrows. "Hey, Ash, who is this beautiful girl and why are you holding her hand?" he asked.

Ash grinned. "She's Serena," he said and Serena smiled at Gary. "My girlfriend"

At first, Gary said nothing. Then he started laughing relentlessly. When he was a little calmer, he said, wiping his eyes, "You're kidding, aren't you? For the Ash I know can't have a girlfriend at all."

"Why would I joke with you, Gary?" Ash replied, pressing a kiss to Serena's cheek. Serena giggled. Gary's eyes widened. "So you really have a girlfriend. Wow." he still said in disbelief and continued, "I would never have thought that of all the people in the world, it was you who would find a girlfriend. I really did not."

                           ****
"So, Serena, tell me how you managed to break Ashy-boy's dense shell?" Gary asked Serena as they walked along the same road Ash and Serena had just walked. She had finally figured out why Gary looked so familiar; he had also been to that same professor Oak's summer camp then a long time ago.

Serena smiled mischievously and replied, "Three kisses, two thoughtful hits to the cheek, and one other girl," Ash grinned, remembering the day in the meadow when Serena had finally confessed her feelings to him.

Gary looked at her and grinned. "Nothing more?" he asked mischievously and Serena shook her head giggling.

"Hey! I wasn't that bad at all," Ash exclaimed, irritated, but Serena shook her head and said, "Oh yes, you were. You didn't even realize the clearest clues I gave you. Everyone else saw them, you don't believe how much I got to stand teasing about it, especially from Miette "

Ash said nothing about it and Pikachu, who was on Ash's shoulder, as usual, shook his head and sighed. He had noticed all of Serena's clues, he hadn't been as dense as his trainer.

                            ****
"By the way, where are you now? Knowing Ash, I guess on a new journey, but where? Or are you on your way here in Kanto?" Gary asked them, but Ash shook his head.

"No. We're just here on a class trip, we're in a region called Alola at a school called Pokemon School," he explained, and Gary looked at him in amazement.

"At school? You? I never would have believed," he said, shaking his head and Ash grinned. "What other surprises do you have, Ash? Have you found any new, unfamiliar, unique Pokemon thing, befriended the legendary Pokemon, or some other nonsense?" Gary asked and Ash was just answering when a metallic hand suddenly appeared from the sky, snatching Pikachu from Ash's shoulder.

"Pikapi!" Pikachu exclaimed in alarm, and Ash didn't have long to look for the culprit, as he saw a familiar Meowth-style hot air balloon in the sky and the three most enraged people on earth. "Team Rocket!" he shouted angrily and Team Rocket laughed viciously.

Then they again began their outrageous motto, which Ash had heard too many times and which kept annoying him just as much:

"Prepare for trouble!

And make it double!

To protect the world from devastation!

To unite all people within our Nation!