Cliff's Story

Cliff's Story

You know this whole thing is new to me and I don't really know what to write. Oh, by the way my name is Cliff. How ironic right, my name is Cliff and I am afraid of heights. Well I know it is a common fear of people, but how I got my fear is way different than how most people get it. I know most people just get it because it is scary to go up high, or because you might fall. My fear has nothing to do with falling or stuff like that. Trust me I know, I lived through it. I don't really like to talk about it. Ever.
Let me tell you what is going on in my life now. Well not much but only that I don't remember how to get home. I don't know what happened I just, got lost. I was with my friends at the best place in town, Taco Party House. They have an arcade place like at McDonald's with ball pits and stuff. Now imagine the McDonald's like that only 100 times better. Yup, it's that fun, you don't have to pay to play in the "play area" but you do for arcade games. We always go me and my friends, Kenny, Dave, Jackie, and Greg.
They are awesome. Jackie can juggle almost anything you give her. Kenny can swallow up to 15 knifes on fire! Dave and Greg well they are not very talented but they are identical twins but I know who is who by their laugh. I have no talents so I stay in normal school with Dave.
Oh yeah, did I mention that Jackie, Greg, and Kenny are in those smarty-pants schools. Greg goes to Antom Athletic Academy. While Kenny and Jackie go to this school training to be in the Circus or any act like that, it's call CTA (Circus Talent Academy). They still have subjects like math, science and social studies, but most of their time is working on their special talents. I think that school is a cool place to go to, or that's what I hear from Kenny and Jackie.
Oh right I'm lost, well not much to do here and I only see a barber shop. I guess I could go and ask to see where I am and call my best friends brother Clyde. He is like my brother, I grew up with him as my male model and well grew fond of him. Also ever since my dad died when I was five and Clyde loved me, so he helped my mom. Then Clyde turned 22 and my mom got lost at sea, two years ago, he has taken care of me. Only because he was already taking care of me one year before my mom got lost.
We have been through a lot together. We both saw someone being stabbed to death, almost died on an airplane,(not why I have my fear) and worst of all we know where my mom is. Yes, it doesn't seem that bad, but it is. I want her and she is held captive and if we go get her or tell someone else the man will kill us and all our family.
Again I went a little off track and I am still lost. So I go to the barber shop and ask where I am.
"You are, well in a prison area in San Francisco."
"What, where, how did I get here... woah."
"What's wrong kid, where are you from?"
"I live in Montana."
"Well then how in the hell did you get here?"
"I don't really have an answer to that, sir."
"Let me call the police, so they can look in to this."
"Can I call my guardian to pick me up somewhere?"
"No, Sorry we will have to let the authorities take care of that, son."
Then the man, named Leon, called the cops and they asked me a lot of questions. I got to call Clyde and tell him where I was and that the police are going to escort me to his apartment and will be home in a few days. Clyde told me to stay calm and just answer the questions truthfully. It was a long ride back to Montana, but when I arrived there was a party with Clyde hosting it. Jackie, Dave, Greg, and Kenny were there with other relatives of mine.
"Oh my gosh look at how much you have grown, since I saw you, umm... well in court."
"Not to be rude, but who are you?"
"I'm your sister, Cliff don't you remember me?"
"No, what's your name...um, sis."
"Danni."
"Oh, I'm sorry I still don't remember you, Danni."
"You will, Cliff it just takes time, I know you've been through a lot, but I know you will remember."
"I'm sorry I don't remember having a sister, because my -er our dad died when I was five and after that my mom had a breakdown and didn't talk to me for like a year. While she wasn't really talking my best friends brother Clyde stepped in and took care of me. Then she got lost at sea two years ago, so I don't recall having a sister, I'm so sorry, Danni."
"No it's fine it's just-"
"What you never had anyone who really knew you or cared about you?"
"How, how did you know Cliff, you have a gift if you can tell just like that."
"No I don't have a gift, I'm just normal! And I never will have a sister!"
"I'm sorry for bothering you, I know you do have one gift. You know how to make a girl cry. I'm sorry Cliff I will just go and never have a brother who cares about me!" Danni left weeping and hoping for me to say something, I don't know how I do it I just know, like I've known her forever.
"Who was that Cliff?" asked Jackie.
"My sister, Danni."
"Wait. You have a sister?"
"Yeah, apparently and make that a mad sister."
"So, that's what that was. You should talk to her and make up."
"I know, but now is not the time because she wanted me to say something as she was leaving, so she is mad now and I should let her cool down."
"How did you know she wanted you to say something?"
"I don't know, I just knew."
"That's new, Cliff. Like good new because you have a talent. You should tell Clyde about it maybe get into a school that has to do with that."
"What school has to do with my talent?"
"I don't' know look it up."
"But I don't want to leave Dave."
"He'll be fine, he's tough."