Chapter - 29: Her Broken Soul; His Healings

"No Sharmishtha, I cannot give this necklace to Ragini, that is Reva's necklace which was gifted to her by Anurag on their wedding. Only Shoru have right over it." Swara remembered her Dida's words few months later her parent's death.

"Ma I am not asking you to pass necklace to Ragini for good but just for this wedding ceremony" Sharmishtha scrunched her nose in frustration. From last one hour she was trying to convince mother to pass her sister's beautiful kundan necklace to Ragini for attending next day's wedding ceremony of her cousin SIL.

"No Shomi, even for some time I cannot give that necklace to Ragini. Sorry." Dida replied concentrating back on making Kadhi for dinner. She and Shomi were discussing or we should say arguing over the ornament in the Dida's house kitchen.

Swara was sitting in her room on bed resting her back on headboard, caressing kundan necklace passed on to her by Reva. She was remembering her moments post her parents death with teary eyes and pressed lips.

"Why did you admit Swara in that school? It is way too costly; you should have admitted her in Ragu's school." One more incidence surfaced from Swara's memory lane.

"Shomi, Shoru always went to IB (International Baccalaureate) board school in Bangalore and as it is, these are from Anurag's savings. You don't have to worry about money. He and Reva had enough savings to support their daughter's future and education." Dida replied shaking her head.

"OK. Then we can admit Ragu also in same school, if you can pay fees for your one granddaughter then why not for other?" Sharmishtha said casually shrugging her shoulders, but her jealousy was dripping out with each word.

"Shomi, this is not my money, I am not paying Shoru's fees from my pocket. This everything belongs to her because of her parents." Dida said firmly and continued "whatever was mine I had already given everything to you except that one pair of kangan which I will give it to Shoru as my blessings. Reva never asked a single penny when we sold our Udaipur's house because you wanted money, to give it to your husband to start his own business even though as per your Baba's will you both were nominees. It was Reva and Anurag who took care of everything, your Baba's operation and his treatment. You and your husband were never bothered for anything. Shekhar was not even there to support us when your Baba passed away. It was Anurag who did everything, that day he became my son. They both never gave away their responsibility towards me even after your Baba's death. So, Shomi, I don't want you to bring this topic again, I cannot let Ragu to have anything which is rightfully belongs to Shoru even though both are my granddaughters, and I love them both equally." Dida gave stern look to her daughter.

Swara gulped heavily and felt stream of tears on her cheeks once again.

"Reva, leave it. You have me beside you. Shona is there, Ma is with us." Swara remembered how she was excited to show her parents the greeting card she made for her Masi for her birthday. But her excitement went away within second when she saw tears in her mother's eyes and her father was consoling her in their bedroom.

"Di did not talk to me Anu; she just took wishes from Ma but when I went to wish her, she just cut the call." Reva sobbed in her husband's arms.

"Reva, why did you go? You know every year the same thing happens." Anurag comforted her pulling her more in his embrace and caressing her hairs with his other hand.

"Just don't let this known to Ma, I acted like Di talked to me over phone. Ma will feel bad. She should not know all these things." Reva said sobbing and clutching Anurag's shirt in her fist.

"Ok, my darling wife. Now please stop crying" Anurag said wiping her tears.

How much her mother loved her sister? Swara knew it, she had seen abundant love and longings in her mother's eyes for her sister. "Shona, this is for Ragu. We will save it, when we will meet her, we will give it to her. And then we will take your both pictures with same same dress. You both will look like an angel." Swara remembered how on her every birthday her parents used to buy same gifts for her and Ragini as well which most of the time they used to pass her through Dida.