Chapter 45

Overwhelmed.

Sitting in the car with my mother and...what do I even call Harry? Driving to a hotel because our houses are under observation, because of Shay, because Shay is my bully.

I know I have not been the best friend, or person. I understand why she wanted to hurt me but digging up bones and poisoning me seems a little overboard. Why couldn't she just bitch behind my back like a normal teenage girl.

It doesn't seem real.

None of this does.

I can tell my Mom is angry, so is he.

I don't blame them; I'm angry at me too.

It didn't take long to get to the hotel the police station had booked for us, but in a silent car it felt like an eternity, with the weight of everything pushing down on me.

They had only booked us one room; I'm guessing that hadn't figured out that we were having an affair then- that and the reason he is in the car with me and isn't in cuffs back at the police station. This was about to be one awkward night.

I walked into the room, nice but not too nice- I don't deserve it. Sitting on the bed trying to process everything that has happened in the past couple of hours. Harry and my Mom followed me, taking seats around the room, I could feel them staring at me- waiting for me to explain.

I don't know what to say to them. How do I explain to my mother that I have had a very complicated relationship with my English teacher and how do I explain to Harry that I've been keeping this huge secret from him- that mainly involves him.

I held my brain, not knowing what to say... "Do you want to order some food or something?" I asked, hoping, praying it would break the tension.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" It was Harry that spoke, my mother just watching the interaction between us both.

"I'll talk that as a no." I sighed.

"Are you seriously not going to say anything?" He was raising his voice and all of a sudden, I felt more of a child to him than anything else.

"I don't know what you want me to say." I stated.

"I'd like some fucking answers Skylar." He fired back.

"So would I." This time my mother spoke, I felt cornered- like they were teaming up against me.

"You think if I knew how to explain what was happening, I would have done it already?" I spat. "Do you seriously think that if I could have told you I would have."

They didn't say anything, my mother just looked at me with pity and Harry just seethed from his position, leaning against the table in the corner, gripping the edge so tightly his knuckles turned white.

"I didn't know who was doing this, I didn't know the extent to what they knew about me. I didn't know how far they would go to hurt me."

"I could have helped you." My mother replied.

"I was afraid you would get hurt, both of you." For a second, I thought Harry had relaxed but he still remained stoic and pissed off.

"You got hurt. She put you in fucking hospital Sky!" I don't think I have ever seen Harry this angry, he sort of reminded me of my dad when he used to come back drunk.

"I'm well aware of that Harry."

"She put cameras in my fucking house!" He stood up from his leaning position.

"I know! I am fully aware of what they did- they sent me the fucking remains of a friend." I fought back.

"SHE! Skylar, she did that- it was Shay not some masked figure behind a phone who just so happened to be in the right place at the right time!" I know it was Shay, I know she was the one behind this but for some reason I still just see some dark figure in a hoodie like on Pretty Little Liars, someone nameless and faceless, not a friend- not someone I trusted.