Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:
*****

"Wow," Austin breathes when he sees the gorgeous Tillings Lake that I spent practically my entire childhood swimming in. The part about me swimming in this very lake he doesn't have to know.

"I know right?" I say to him, taking my eyes of it to look at him.

His eyes are glistening. The moonlight is reflecting off the lake in his blue eyes. He looks so calm, relaxed, happy. It's making me feel the same way. No matter how hard I try not to.

"There's nothing like this where I'm from," he admits, "this is the first."

"We have tons of beautiful places here," I tell him.

"Maybe you can show them all to me," he glances at me.

"Maybe," I murmur.

He smiles, dropping his gaze to the water again. "So, I wanted to ask you something, you know, about what happened the other day. At practice, and then again on the creepy road..."

My cheeks warm up. "Oh..." I whisper, embarrassingly. "Yeah."

He chuckles, "I'm not complaining... Trust me."

I look into his eyes, "so, what's the question?"

"I don't know... Never mind," he shakes his head. "Let's just admire this lake for now."

I smile and nod. I have an idea of what he is getting at, but I don't dwell on it. I stare at the moonlight reflecting off the lake.

"There's something about you, Roxanne," he states all of a sudden.

"What do you mean?" I glance at him.

"You're just... Different. You're not like all the other girls."

I think of Brittany again. I'm not like Brittany.

"Thanks... I think." I smile softly.

"It's a good thing. A great thing," he admits. "I can't believe you're here with me. There are so many other guys, better guys, and I'm the lucky one."

There is a guilty pit in my stomach as he says this. I don't think I can deny my feelings any longer. It's not about the stupid pact or hurting Brittany anymore. My pact book is going in the trash as soon as I get home. This is about Austin and the feelings he gives me, the way he looks at me, the way it feels when I am alone with him. The reaction. The connection we have that only continues to grow stronger.

"I'm glad you're here with me, too..." I smile up at him.

The air around us stills and the tension thickens. As he looks into my eyes and I look into his, there is static electricity pulling us together like a magnetic force. I don't try to interfere. I give into my feelings. In a matter of seconds, his lips are on mine again.

In my stomach, butterflies flap wildly and my heart beats so hard I think it may explode. He pulls his soft lips away from mine and his lips stretch into a smile.

"Ready to see the next place?" I raise my eyebrows at him. I take my bag from the long bench we were sitting on earlier.

"Absolutely," he agrees, taking my hand in his and pulling me to his vehicle.

*****
Hey guys! Hope you're all good! I'm just going through a lot school is kicking my ass. Save meeeeeee😭

Also, this story is ending soon but don't worry I have news. (I'm sorry! I didn't at all intend for that to rhyme!😂)

Which I will share in the next few updates. . .