Chapter eight

Stella

After I told the alpha that I was willing to try this whole mate thing he never left my side.

Telling me that I needed to get outside he grabbed my arm, and pretty much dragged me to his backyard. I couldn't lie and say this place wasn't beautiful, because it was. Since it had gotten dark out, he had lights illuminating the place.

We decided that we should take that time to get to know each other. The fact that I still didn't know his name was killing me, how were we supposed to try this relationship thing if I didn't have the guts to ask him what his name was?

I went on telling him that I am twenty years old, I used to work at a diner, and that I was enrolled in college before I was forced to come here. He promised that he would let me continue my studies, but he wanted me take my classes online because the dangers that came with being his mate.

Thinking about how I could ask him what his name was without sounding like an idiot had me zoning out of the conversation he was trying to keep up.

"Stella. Stella are you alright?"

My thoughts ended up disappearing as I felt my cheeks warm up at how much I liked him saying my name.

Finally finding my voice I mumbled my question, but obviously he didn't understand what I said.

"You're going to laugh, and this may make me look or sound stupid, but what is your name?"

Laughter filled the yard, and I felt myself grow embarrassed. I should have just asked someone else. He must have sensed my feelings because his laughter died down.

"You have every right to ask that question. I'm disappointed in myself for not realizing this earlier. My name is Bane White, and I'm 22 years old.

"Bane." I tested his name on my tongue.

He growled lowly causing me to jump away. When I looked up at him I could see lust swiveling in his eyes, but it was gone as soon as he saw my scared expression.

"I'm sorry Stella, but you have no idea the of affect you have on me. I'm not going to lie; I want you, but I will never force you into any sexual relations until I know you're comfortable, and ready for them."

My cheeks burned with embarrassment. I was never good with guys.

Bane walked up to me, and cupped my cheeks. He let out a low growl that rumbled through his chest. "Your innocence is killing me." If possible I felt myself blush even more when pulled me into his embrace leaving my head to rest on his muscular chest.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

--------------

*

*

Your thoughts?