Scared

I stared at his face. The unnatural features he had, scared me but I masked it. Hopefully he couldn't see right through me, right to my plan.

We stared at one another, silence surrounding us.

"You took it off..." He slowly said. His eyes slightly darkened, making me flinch. He's angry, I concluded.

His chest rose and fell and his fist curled into fists. Immediately, I began to doubt the plan I had devise not to long ago.

Sighing heavily, he suddenly grabbed the knife from the nightstand and left. I jumped as the door slammed shut and bit my lip in anticipation.

----

Hours slowly drifted by, and my stomach growled. The man has been gone for a long time and I hadn't eaten for what seemed like forever.

By the time my surroundings was consumed by the color black, I knew that it was nighttime. Above me, I could hear a door opening, the hinges squeaking, and footsteps walking across.

He's home.

Terror rose within me as I listened to his heavy footsteps. The floorboards creaked and things falling onto the ground. He made his way towards the door to the basement and slowly descended from the old wooden stairs. In his hand was a brown glass bottled that he constantly took swigs of. When he walked closer to me, the smell of booze rolled off of him in a heavy wave.

I inched away from him, a sudden dark look in his eyes alarming me. Taking one last sip of his beer, he tossed it to the wall. I watched as it shattered to pieces.

Focused on the shattered glass bottle, I was unable to see as his hand shot out and entangled itself into my hair. He gripped onto a fistful of hair and pulled on it.

I gasped as he pulled my face closer to him, tears blurring my vision as he breathed heavy.

"You... You need to learn to not do things like that." He growled. My eyes widened as I meekly nodded. I feared him at the moment, perhaps I should come up with a different plan.

Looking into my eyes, he let go of my hair and left, leaving me to silently cry.

Why me?