12.

"DOWN WITH THE CAPITOL

"DOWN WITH THE CAPITOL.."

--¤☆¤--

It is time. Brushing away the small strand of my bangs, I flipped my hair off my shoulders, letting the curls fall naturally. Milama had left my hair down, with only a few strands pinned out of my face. So that it wouldn't get in the way when I was fighting or running. 

Licking my bottom lip, inspecting my current outfit, a simple black sport's bra and underwear with thick waterproof shoes. Leaving not that much to the imagination. Glancing at Milama, she held a black and a dark grey jumpsuit tightly in her hands, skin tight of course. That's gonna suck for when I have to pee.

"I have no idea on what will happen in the Games or what the Arena will be like. I am in the same boat as you are, but I am assuming that it will be hot and possibly tropical." Milama said, rubbing the fabric between her fingers.

"So look for freshwater and be wary of bugs. What can you tell me about the suit?" I ask, stepping into the suit.

"Judging based on these fabrics alone. It's waterproof as well as thin but not too thin, almost like a thinner version of a wet suit. Perfect for gliding in the water. That's all I can tell, I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more use." Milama rambles, her voice wavering.

Pulling the suit up to my chest, Milama fixed any wrinkles in the suit, her hands trembling at every tug of the fabric. Watching as she fixes the straps that connected my shoes to the suit, I wish that it were Pixie instead. Don't get me wrong. I did like Milama, she was a fresh face. 

But I wanted Pixie in my last moments. Making me laugh and smile just before I go into the Arena. Giving me comfort. Fixing my gold bracelet that Pixie had given me all those years ago, I gave Milama a sad smile as she bit her lip. I would miss her. I just hope that she tells Pixie I missed her too.

"Hey, it's okay. I don't blame you. You didn't put me in here." I whisper, tucking the bracelet under my sleeve.

"I know and I am sorry." She apologizes.

"You have nothing to be sorry about." I said, trying to assure her.

"No, I do. I should have tried harder to get more information but, Snow has even more ears nowadays and I mean everywhere. I should have done more." She whispers, looking at the small camera in the corner.

"It's okay, you've done all that you could. I'm grateful for that. But can you do me a favor?" I ask, trying to persuade her otherwise.

"Yes." She said,

"Tell Pixie that I am grateful for everything she's done for me. For all of these years." I ask, feeling a lump in my throat.

"Athena, I can't. I should not be telling you this, but Snow. He had Pixie killed. Labelled her as a traitor to the Capitol." She whispers, escorting me over to the pedestal.