Chapter 12

The whole town smelled like fish. 

(Y/n)'s nose crinkled at the pungent scent and tried to hold her breath as much as possible as while walking down the streets. The houses here were well built and sturdy, and many were even raised off of the ground slightly. As (Y/n) walked, her sandals kept flicking up sand and bits of water that lay in puddles on the cobbled pavement. 

Bakugou and Kirishima didn't seem bothered about the smell. In fact, they looked hungry, and Kirishima's gaze kept flickering over to the vendors selling different varieties of fish and crustaceans. Bakugou seemed calmer here, his posture was relaxed and he walked with a slight bounce in his step. It was almost like he was a different person, if anything he seemed more powerful in his familiar surroundings. 

(Y/n) frowned and looked at the back of Bakugou's head, slightly annoyed that he had kept the fact that he was a prince secret from her. Though she wasn't going to ridicule him for it; Bakugou wasn't the only one keeping secrets.

Her hands wrapped around her waist as she noticed some of the mages staring at her nastily, a sneer on their lips. Ochako had never treated her this badly, even when they first met. It was as if the aura of her magic disgusted them, like they were smelling something rotten. She wished she could hide it, or that it wasn't there in the first place.

Kirishima's excited gaze turned to her, oblivious to her obvious discomfort. "Sorry about the guards, they don't particularly like newcomers. Especially humans- I mean people from Elmont." 

"I understand their concern." She mumbled quietly, giving him an uncomfortable smile as she hid the fact that her being from Elmont wasn't the only reason they were angry. She turned to Bakugou and inhaled deeply, "So, you're a prince." 

Bakugou swallowed and looked away, trying not to show emotion on his face, "Are you angry I didn't say anything?" He asked, trying to sound blunt, but his voice wavered slightly as he spoke. 

(Y/n) sighed and shook her head, "I'm a little upset that you didn't tell me, but I'm not angry. If you don't feel comfortable telling me something, I won't get mad about it. I'm just happy I know now." 

"It's not like I care if you're angry or not!" Bakugou quickly barked out, "It just makes things more difficult if you are! But you're angry not so..." He stuttered out quickly, glancing anywhere but where (Y/n) was standing. "Just shut up and let's get a move on!" His shoulders hunched and he picked up his pace slightly, hiding his face from both (Y/n) and Kirishima's view.

Kirishima broke out into a fit of laughter as he watched his friend storm off into the crowd, muttering to (Y/n) under his breath. "I think you broke him." He snickered with a wide grin plastered on his face that showed off his large, razor sharp teeth. 

"Did I say something wrong?" (Y/n) asked in worry, her (e/c) eyes widening in panic. 

"The opposite," Kirishima rubbed the back on his neck, trying to calm down his giggles, "I think you flustered him. I've never seen him react like that before."

(Y/n) smiled slightly at the thought, her hands lowering from her waist. "Why would I fluster him?" She let out a small snicker as she stared in the direction the blonde had wandered off in. His spiky hair could be seen mingling in with the people around him.

"You should feel lucky, not many are able to cause him to react like that." Kirishima nudged (Y/n)'s shoulder and skipped off to where Bakugou was slowly disappearing into the crowd. "Try and keep up, don't want you getting lost now, do we?"

(Y/n) quickly rushed towards Kirishima, trying to mimic his fast pace. "So where are your friends?" 

"If they're here, which I hope they are," He mumbled out the second part, "They should be by the docks. Their ship is pretty hard to miss."