21

A/N: I changed some parts of the story so if you are reading this while the book is still being updated, you might be confused so I would suggest rereading the past few chapters and to check my announcements to see what was changed!

21

It had been a few days since Harry and I handed in our fear project. People were still finishing up and handing their work in since the due date was today. Ms.Fieldman loved our worked, she said she was glad to see us working together so well.

I was so proud of what we had done and I was so happy to be on good terms with life. I had my friends, Harry and Fiona, I had my art, and I had confidence within myself.

During this period, Fiona managed to steal me away from Harry and brought me to the back of the classroom where the computers were. She was editing more photos for her Zac Efron fan page and I was helping her and giving her feedback.

"You know, I'm very happy that you are happy," Fiona remarked, not taking her eyes off the screen.

"Why?"

"I'm not one to mention anything or to point out people's feelings or their own changes, but in the past couple of weeks, I have noticed a significant change in the way that you carry yourself. It's a good change and I'm happy to see it." She turned away from the computer and shot me a wide smile. 

"Changed? Are you sure? I mean I can say that I am happier, but I'm still the same old Jade Davis that I was yesterday." I replied with a chuckle.

"Like, you didn't change completely. You are still Jade Davis and that is a wonderful thing to be, but you aren't the Jade Davis that was pulling dead weight and negative energy. You're no longer holding on to the false hope of your and Rain's friendship. I saw how upset you would get at lunch or when she would facetime Alexa in class. You didn't deserve that. You and Harry are also on good terms, and as intimidated as I am by him, there's no doubt that he cut the ties to that negativity you were holding on to and helped set you free."

I don't know how or why I became so overwhelmed with emotion but I did. I grabbed Fiona and hugged her tight. She seemed a little shocked at first, but she hugged me back.

"I am so lucky to have a friend like you, Fiona," I said quietly as I let go.

"I'm the lucky one, Jade." She said with a smile and we both parted our ways.

"What's that all about?" Harry asked, coming up behind me as I grabbed my bag from the ground. 

"Nothing, nothing really."

"Your sure, you look like you are about to cry,"

As soon as he said that, the urge to cry just got more powerful and I just started to break down.

"Oh shit, did I say something? I'm sorry."

"No...you didn't, I just-" I couldn't finish speaking.

Am I okay?

"Come on, let's go," Harry said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the classroom.

"I-I can't skip."

"Jade, you always skip. More recently it's been because of me, but that's not important right now. The only thing that is important is you. You are the only thing that matters to me, and I need to make sure you are okay."

My heart did a thing.

I matter. I matter to him. And that means absolutely everything to me.

I don't know where we are going, but I didn't care. I didn't care where I would be going, as long as it was him.

We ended up in the student parking lot and we sat in his car. It was still cold out, so naturally, it was cold in the car. Before talking to me, he turned the heat on in the car, and then he turned to me.

I had stopped crying by now, it was only sniffles and a runny nose.

"So, what happened, Jade?" He asked me again.

"I don't know. I really don't. I guess...I guess I've never been cared for by someone else that wasn't obligated to care for me. Or maybe I just never knew...regardless, I've never felt it. And...and when Fiona...Fiona is just an amazing person and has been there for me when I failed to realize it. You were right."

"Right about?"

"A couple of months ago when you told me that I was too focused on the people who don't care about me instead of the people who do. You were right. I wish I didn't spend time on people who don't care. I feel happy. And I haven't been sad in a while."

"Just so you know, Jade, I really care about you so much. I know I can be an asshole and a dick most of the time, and I was all of those things to you before we like, got together, but I've cared for you long before this. So many people love you. You are loved and you are cared for." He grabs my hand and gives it a tight squeeze before taking my hand up to his and placing a soft kiss on it.

"I know...I know that now. I'm sorry for being so dramatic and annoying."

"I already told you that you're feelings are valid. Don't minimize or dismiss them because you think that you're being annoying. If it matters to you then it matters to me too."

-

So after our little chat in the car, we headed back to art class. Ms. Fieldman said that she would tell us our next project and I was excited to find out what it would be. Harry and I walked back in and sat in our seats. Ms. Fieldman had a wide smile on her face as she saw the two of us walk in together. I rolled my eyes and laughed under my breath.

"So class, this next project also has a lot of flexibility like the last one. I want something to focus on gender. Whether it based on what it's like to be a man or what it's like to be a woman. Or what it's like to be everything or nothing in between. It can be anything as long as gender is the main focus. Good luck, get to work, and I can't wait to see these projects within the next two weeks.

"I have an idea," I said as I turned to Harry.

"How do you do that so fast?" He asked.

"I don't know. Anyway, I want you to come to my house tomorrow and bring a suit. How do you feel about lipstick?"

"To wear? I'm fine with that."

"You know what, I kind of miss when you were an asshole to me." I joked.

"Yeah, whatever." He huffed but I could see a smirk settling on his face.

"No, I am kinda serious! It's all about the chase. Harold Styles plays hard to get."

"Do not call me Harold." He playfully rolled his eyes.