Collaboration

Alexa Bliss x AJ Styles

In which two singers of opposite genres, are forced by their managers to collaborate
on a new song.

In which two singers of opposite genres, are forced by their managers to collaborate on a new song

╳ ╳ ╳

AJ Styles walked into the recording studio with his keys and phone in his hand. His managers had arranged a collaboration for his new track. He had no clue who the artist was, as Karl had forgot to mention that on the phone.

AJ Styles was a rising country star, after he drunkenly posted a YouTube video of him covering a Sam Hunt song.

Yeah, he always kind of regretted that.

Nonetheless, his two childhood friends were in the business and were able to get him a contract before he could take the video down.

So, here he was, three years later with four albums and ten chart-topping hits. Only a few of the tracks had crossed over onto other stations, but for the most part, he was hardcore country.

AJ had always had the love for the country. He grew up in southern Georgia, always traveling into Louisiana and Texas for concerts of his favorite artists. His love for rural life is what had gotten him so deep into his career.

He was one of the people who always lived in the moment. If he wanted to have a picnic at 2 am, he would. If anyone of his friends needed help, he would stop whatever he was doing and go help them.

"AJ! What's up?" Karl asked as he went in for a hug.

"Nothing, Karl. How about you?"

Karl shrugged and then led him to the recording studio. When he went in, he saw Nia Jax, another top producer in the music company.

But, not for country music.

Nia was wearing a black pantsuit with heels, making her taller than she already was. Her hair was curly and pulled up. AJ knew she managed someone in the pop business, which didn't exactly thrill him.

He just never really connected with the teen pop radio.

Also, if Nia's client was some new "teenage star", then he was going to have to back out of the collaboration project.

Sure, he'd feel bad, but he was going on thirty. It would be weird to sing a love song with a teenager.

"AJ Styles, nice to meet you. I'm Nia Jax and I'm so excited to be working with you. I've heard your music and some of them are such bangers," she said as she stuck her hand out for him to shake.

He shook her hand. "Thank you, that means a lot. Can I ask where your client is?"

"Yeah, she running a bit late. She got stuck in traffic, this really isn't like her."

AJ nodded before turning back to Karl, who was playing with the demo track on the soundboard.

"Anderson, can you tell me who this girl is?"

"Uh, only the best pop singer today, Alexa Bliss!"

AJ shrugged his shoulders, not knowing much about the artist. Sure, he had heard of her, but he never took the time to do research on her, because that was weird.

All of a sudden, the back door opened to reveal a petite woman. She had blonde hair that was curled, and she had on a full face of makeup. She wore ripped denim shorts with a black t-shirt on top. She also wore a small flannel tied around her waist, with platform converse on her feet.

AJ had to admit, she was cute, not what he was expecting.

"Nia, sorry I'm late. The traffic was crazy."

AJ looked from her to Nia, to his best friends. He was ready to work on the song, as he didn't want to be here all day.

"Hi, I'm Alexa Bliss," she walked over to him with a small wave.

"Hey, I'm AJ Styles. You want to go ahead and get started on this?"

She nodded, taking in his appearance. He had long brown hair, that was sleek and shiny. He wore a baseball cap, hiding his hazel eyes. He also wore a light blue t-shirt with dark denim jeans, and a white flannel over top.

She had to admit it, he was attractive.

"So, before we record the song, do you want to get to know a little bit about each other?" He started. "It's no offense to you, but I don't even listen to pop music half the time."

"None taken, I don't listen to much country either. I've heard a few of your songs, the ones that crossed over, but other than that, I don't listen too much. But, Nia said that this would be a great opportunity for me."

He nodded his head. He knew that they were complete opposites and he wasn't even sure why their producers had tried to put them together.

However, he did know one thing, Alexa Bliss was attractive and he didn't care what genre of music she sang.

"AJ, are you okay? You blanked out on me there for a second," she said as she grabbed his arm.

He felt her small hand on his bicep, bringing him back to reality. He looked at the woman on the stool next to him. She was something else, the way she batted her eyelashes, the way her legs were crossed, the way he just looked at her.

"Yeah, sorry-" he was cut off to hear Karl yelling from outside the studio.

"All I'm saying is that AJ wasn't even looking forward to this! Luke and I had to force him!"

"Oh shut up, Alexa hates collaborations, but I made her sign the deal."

They blocked out their annoying managers and looked at each other. 

"Don't listen to her, she's wrong."

AJ looked at her again. "What?"

"Nia. She's wrong. She didn't have to force me to do this. Persuade me, yes. But force me, no. I'm happy to be here, even though you're a country singer, you're freaking amazing," she said as she moved her stool closer to him.

"Thanks. You're really talented too, you've got one hell of a range, and damn, I respect that. Karl and Luke have a tendency to reflect their careers upon my own, so, he's wrong too."

She smiled as she looked up at him. He was so sweet, had anyone else heard her manager carrying on like that, they probably would have left.

She couldn't blame them.

That was why she hated collaborations so much, all her opportunities had slipped away from her. Not AJ. He sat on the stool, his hand on her thigh, looking at her.

"I heard that you wrote the song we're about to sing. I'm sure it's great," Alexa said as she looked at the music in front of her.

"Yeah, but it's going to be even better now that you're here to sing the other part."

She smiled and then leaned over to kiss him. She rose her arms up to his neck, him pulling her closer to close the space between them. This wasn't the outcome he was expecting, but he wasn't complaining.

"After we record this track, we should go out and get some dinner," AJ said as they pulled away.

"I'd love that."

╳ ╳ ╳

yes i'm back with ajexa, so what lmao. i am alive, thank you for all the support, i just haven't been as inspired lately :(
don't forget to keep staying safe wherever you may be💗