Chapter 27: Rescue Part 1

Sasuke was glaring at Kakashi Hatake, panting heavily as his Sharingan spun slightly. The Hatake was just reading his pervy orange book as he suddenly dodged Sai's sword before kicking Sakura's forehead and flipping over Sasuke and planting his open hand on Sasuke's head.

"You are dead." He said before vanishing and reappearing on top of the biggest tree in the field. "I think that's enough training today, you are all progressing adequately if I were to guess correctly, though, Naruto's training is probably way more intense than I am." 

"Naruto-sensei is quite determined to work us to, what most people would exaggerate, death," Sai answered. 

"Yeah, and it can be really tiring," Sakura said as she yawned. She looked over at the setting sun and sighed. "Though I guess our progress is gradual." Kakashi then snickered a bit. 

"Gradual? I would guess that you're all about low to mid-Chunin level right now, and it's only been a couple of months since you've become Genin. Your progress is quite admirable if you were to ask me." 

"What do you mean?" Sasuke asked, crossing his arms over his chest. "We never come closer to beating sensei in any of our team exercises, even if we have the other help of the teams." Kakashi giggled perversely for a second before snapping back at attention. 

"Ah, but that's like comparing yourself to the Hokage or something." He closed his book and gazed lazily at the three teens in front of him. "You guys do realize that he's the strongest shinobi in the village correct?"

"Is he really that strong?" Sai asked in a small voice, a twinge of amazement in it. 

"No way," Sasuke said breathlessly, bewildered by what Kakashi had just said. 

"Yep, now I don't know if he's the strongest shinobi in the world at this moment," He paused for a second to think. "But if he's not then he's definitely in the top five at this moment in time." 

"How can you be so sure?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow. "I know sensei is strong and all, but isn't it a bit much to claim that he could be the strongest in the world?" Kakashi laughed a little. 

"Well, to be fully honest, for the past four years, I've never seen Naruto take on an opponent seriously. He's had his moments and the rare bouts of anger, but I've never seen him once ever go full out. Maybe if he were to fight Hokage-sama and I at the same time we might see his true power?" 

"I can't believe sensei is so strong," Sakura began before she began laughing nervously. "I just hope nothing ever makes him too mad, he might destroy the village!" Kakashi looked at her seriously.

"Please don't joke like that, it's definitely a possibility." Sasuke's eyes widened. 

"Are you seriously implying that if sensei was angry enough he could destroy the entire village?" Kakashi shrugged. 

"By accident for sure, and even then it would have to be a pretty bad situation. It's a very unlikely possibility, like, one in a trillion. Then again, if I put my mind to it I probably could too, and Hokage-sama could do it way easier than I and possibly Naruto, he's the oldest living shinobi I know as well as one of the most powerful." 

"That's disturbing to know." Sai admitted, filing that little piece of information in the back of his mind. 

"Yeah, but all of that is never gonna happen, Naruto's too loyal for it, and besides, he has everything under control!" 

Anko glared at her former master who sat in a seat across the table from her. 

"What do you want?" She practically hissed at him, venom coming off of her tongue.