Used to Know You

Most believe that on days like these---days were the sun hides away and blue skies give way to grey---are to be considered glum. To be compared to terms such as gloom and melancholy. The ever constant noise of the rain coming down against the windows of their penthouse is accompanied by the slight roll of thunder---but only ever so often. It's getting ugly out there, they always say.

Katsuki thinks that they don't understand what they're missing.

Days like this are perfect, cuddled up onto the sofa with blankets, pillows and his favorite freckled Deku. They've hot chocolate in hand and snacks laid out onto the table, Shouto and Eijirou comfortably snuggled into each other on the loveseat though Eijirou is much too long to fit properly so his legs dangle over the edge as he cradles Shouto against his chest. They seem content, watching the world saturate in all its beautiful glory as it pours down outside.

There's a movie on at the moment, some old 90's horror slasher film that the two younger men were very big fans of.  Eijirou was happy as long as Shouto was happy. Izuku didn't quite see the appeal, but Katsuki was content so he'd busy himself with watching his little blonde lover instead. He's carding a callous hand through fluffy flaxen locks, pressing kisses to the back of his head when a loud buzzing noise signifies the sound of his phone ringing.

It's work, no doubt, and although Izuku doesn't want to waste his valuable time with Katsuki, there's a certain nagging itch he feels to pick up anyway. He reaches over Katsuki to grab it from the table and the boy shifts to turn and rest his head against his chest, leg thrown over Izuku's waist. The freckled man simply pulls him closer as he answers the call, smile curling at his lips as Katsuki presses his own against Izuku's jaw.

"Midoriya speaking." He greets, not even the slightest bit surprised to hear Masaru's voice on the other end. He sounds a bit shaky, however, though he tends to allow small things to jar him quite easily so it could very well be nothing.

"Ah, hey, Izuku. The police came to the office today. Wanted to ask us a couple of questions about an old business partner, Luca Stefano. You remember the one, right?"

Izuku's jaw tightens.

"Yeah. What of him?"

"Well, apparently he'd been missing for a few days and his mother sent the police over to his apartment. He's...well, he's dead. Found him with severe trauma to the head and he apparently bled to death right in front of the door."

Oh.

Fuck, Izuku guesses he really did kill him, then. It wasn't intentional---he'd only wanted to seriously fuck him up---but for some reason Izuku can't seem to muster up any feelings of remorse over it. The best way to describe what he feels is...quite simply put, apathy.

"That's unfortunate. Do they know what happened?" He pries, wanting to know just how much Masaru knows. There's a reason his calling him about this and bush beating is Masaru's specialty.

"His mother said that he was in with some pretty bad fellas that he owed quite a bit of debt to. The door lock was broken so anyone could have walked in. They said that nothing was missing, though, so it couldn't have been a burglary. They're assuming one of those fellas got tired of waiting for his money."

Interesting.

"I see. Why are you calling me about it?"

"O-Oh, well, we just thought you'd like to know. And of you could, put out some sort of memorial announcement for the next publication? We'll be helping his mother pay for the funeral expenses. It's only thanks to his merger that we became as successful as we are." He says matter-of-factly and Izuku feels himself cringe.

More like thanks to Katsuki, you disgusting fucks.

"Sure. Is that all?" He asks, not only beginning to become bored with the conversation but Katsuki seems to be getting impatient with him being on the phone during their quality time together, wet kisses and love bites being pressed into his neck and up underneath his jaw. He chuckles when Katsuki whines a playful 'Daddy~' in his ear and pats him lightly on his hip to get him to settle down.

"Just a second, baby, daddy's working." He says firmly, but he still smiles down at his little angel.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know you had a kid, Izuku! I'd have just sent it in an email if I had known---there's nothing more important than spending time with your little ones."

It takes quite a bit of willpower to keep Izuku from growling into the phone as he glares.

"Yes well, you've never been a father so you wouldn't know anything about that, would you, sir?"

Masaru has the nerve to offer him a sheepish laugh.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Well, I'll leave you to it. See you Monday!"

Izuku hangs up the phone with an annoyed snort and vehemently tosses it back onto the table, not caring whether or not he broke it.

"Megalomaniacal chicken shitting fuckwit." He curses and it startles the lot of them. Eijirou pauses the movie as he and Shouto turn to eye him with just as much worry as Katsuki does.

"Whoa, hey, what's up man? You okay?"

"I'm fine, Masaru just fucking pisses me off."

"That was my dad?! What did he want---what did he say? Does he---"

"He doesn't know we're together yet, calm down. He just called me to tell me some stupid asshole that our company works with got himself killed and he wants to me type up some bullshit memorial from the next publication and send funds to his mother to pay for his funeral. Then that asshole had the nerve to preach to me about good parenting---fuck him and everything he stands for. He fucking makes me livid!"

No one seems to know what to say, but Eijirou finds his words first.

"Who died? What was the guy's name, I mean." He asks. There's an expectant gaze in his eyes.

He knows.

"...Luca Stefano."

"I see." Eijirou hums, eyes narrowed. He sits up from the sofa and places a kiss to Shouto's head when the younger male gives him a confused pout.

"I'll be right back, baby. I just need to step outside for a moment. Izuku, can I talk to you a moment? Work related."

Izuku complies, but he knows very well this is going to be anything but a pleasant conversation.