The Past Coming Back to Haunt

Maddie's father had decided to host a small dinner party for the Bass and Van Der Woodson soon to be blended family.

Everyone was currently gathered in her dining room eating and talking when the doorman brought up a package.

"It's for Madeline" the doorman announced before exiting.

"A gift from Chuck?" Her father asked jokingly.

"Maybe" Chuck joked back. Maddie grabbed the gift and opened it. Inside was some handcuffs and lingerie.

"Um nothing good" Maddie said quickly shoving the contents back inside.

"I didn't send that" Chuck said receiving a look from his father. Serena and Eric sat quiet unsure of what to say either.

"Maybe a secret admirer" Lily said trying to clear the tension.

The rest of the dinner they discussed business, school and other upper east side dinner conversations.

The next day Maddie was in the school courtyard when a delivery man approached her.

"Madeline Rose?"

"That's me"

"I have an order of 20 bottles of champagne for you" he said leaving a crate in the middle of the school courtyard.

"I didn't order this" Maddie yelled back but the man had already left in his van.

"Woah celebrating?" Chuck asked looking at the crate.

"Chuck stop sending these gifts. It's not funny" Maddie said all irritated.

Chuck walked away as Nate came over.

"You ordered champagne to school?" Nate asked.

"No it's Chuck playing his game. Have you talked to him yet?" Maddie asked.

"No, have you talked to Blair?"

"Barely. I'm still pissed she told Chuck in the first place. I barley have talked let alone seen Serena too. She's either with Chuck at her house who I avoid now or with Dan. It's been a battle"

"It only gets better" Nate said before he left with Jenny Humphrey and her minions.

She headed home from school to find the delivery man had yet another package. As she rode the elevator up she opened the small package to find a bag of coke.

Maddie swiftly pulled out her cellphone.

"Hello?"

"Chuck. That's it. You're just doing this to annoy me now. Using my secrets and weaknesses for your little game. We discussed having a break from each other and we both agreed to it. That included your sick weird games" Maddie said.

"I don't know what you're talking about. At least not the gift part" Chuck said.

"Don't play dumb. I know you sent me a baggie of coke"

"Let's get one thing straight the handcuffs and lingerie I could see me sending that but drugs. I don't mess with people like that, especially not you. Goodnight" Chuck said before hanging up the call.

Maddie dashed up into her room and slipped the bag of coke into her sock drawer. Right next to the one Carter had given her over the summer.

"Madeline dinner" he father called. She straightened out her outfit and walked downstairs.

Trying to push the thoughts of the gifts she had received out of her mind.

"So 20 bottles of champagne I heard got delivered to school?" He father asked with a raised eyebrow.