Life Is Funny

Hi!! Thanks for all the comments on the last chapter!!

Slowly, I pulled away from Zoe's lips and I just sat there and stared into her eye's through heavy lids. There was nothing but silence between us. "Duel say something" . She whispered in the dark.

Not knowing what to say I stood up and hurried to my room. After shutting myself inside I took to pacing and swung my fist in the air in agitation. This wasn't how it was suppose to go. I've envisioned the day that Zoe relented her heart to me countless time's and this wasn't how I pictured it. What is wrong with me. It's just been too much in one night that's all. After a good night's sleep I'll feel better and be able to pull my out of control emotions in.

Tossing my clothes aside I fell onto my bed and pulled the blankets over my head. However twenty minutes later I was still very much awake. Grabbing my phone I decided to text Chelly my usual goodnight text. "Goodnight beautiful. Remember I love you" .

I finally dozed off waiting for a reply back that I never got. But I couldn't be mad or blame her. After all I just kissed another girl. I had no right to be upset about not hearing back from her. Plus this is what she wanted until I could figure out what I wanted. It's too soon to say now so I'll give Zoe a few more day's then hopefully I'll know.

As the day's passed by  I spent substantial time with Zoe. We had fun and shared many laughs. Basically we did everything I had always hoped we would. Finally I had her and was able to experience that couple vibe I had always wanted from her. Yes, we kissed several time's but I left it at that. It wouldn't be fair to either woman if I slept with her before I knew who and what it was that I wanted. Tomorrow was Chelly's graduation and I knew I had to make a choice.

When the sun went down that night I took Zoe for a walk around the grounds. We came to a stop by a trickling stream and took a seat on a rather large rock. "You know the family returns tomorrow" . I began.

"Yes". Zoe nodded as she fidgeted with her hands. "I'm going to".

I nodded my acknowledgement. "We've had fun the past few day's" .

Zoe gave a sad smile. "Yes, we did. I just regret that it took me so long to give in".

Leaning over, I caught her lips in a kiss. I had to be sure before I made my decision. I had to see if I could feel it again. After a moment I pulled away but held her hand. "Life can be so funny and has a evil sense of humor. You can want something so bad only to get it and find out It's not what you wanted at all."

Turning to look at her I just came out with it. "Zoe I love Chelly. I'm sorry but I can't wait to see her tomorrow. Yes, I've always had a thing for you but what I have with Chelly..." I paused to smile just thinking about it. " what I have with her is beyond word's. She's taught me so much and even though I screw up all the time I find myself wanting to be better for her".

Zoe snapped her hand from mine. "You are out of your mind Duel. She doesn't even know who you are. She's in love with the image that you created for her. She's not in love with you... But a false image. What happens when she finds out the truth? She's going to run and hate the real you. Save yourself now and let her go. I know you Duel and you don't have to hide who you are with me. We have no secrets. I've seen you kill many time's. We have the same background and would make one powerful couple. Don't let us go over some air headed high school girl... That's right, she's a girl who's about to be off to college having the illusion that the world is all rainbow and sunshine. She is not the one for you and deep down you know it".

I couldn't help but laugh. "Maybe she isn't but for right now she is. You should know how this works."

"What about the footage I told you about?" She shot back.