For The Princess

"Commander Froilan, Good Morning."

"Prince Rodrigo." 

Rodrigo tilts his head.

Froilan mustache has a smear of white sauce.
He just ate heaven.

He is so satisfied that he almost stops the soldiers from taking their shares. Good thing there are more spares.

"You look happy," Rodrigo,who has been pestered by the nobles, has been following the scary Froilan to evade them.
Froilan has been scowling everytime he sees him but today he is smiling happily.

"Am I?" Froilan smirks and looks up.
"Maybe it is the weather.'

"Yes. You look like you are glowing."

Froilan shakes his head and moves away. He looks at the soldiers who are doing their exercise.
Just a little while, those soldiers are kneeling and crying…..because of one little girl's words.

'Hey! Why are you kneeling? Is your stomach alright? Here eat this sandwich. I made it. For only 20 coppers, you can enjoy such a delicious meal. Amazing right? Come on, eat.'

'Worry. Genuine worry and also food advertising. The soldiers slowly lifted their crying face and stuffed themselves with food. They are saying yummy and sobbing like kids. Everyone receives her warmth. If she is a prince… I shouldn't think about that.'

Rodrigo felt that something changes. But he can't figure it out.
Everyone is still the same determined soldiers but….

"What is this---yummm! What the hell is this sandwich?"
Rodrigo's first time eating a sandwich made by his youngest sister. 

"Pri--Princess!"
Michael kneeled down.
Emerald had enough of soldiers doing that. It is traumatizing.

"What.is.wrong.with.you?" She helped him stand up but Michael refuses.

"The black knight squadron told us….You….You….How can you be so kind! I want to swear my allegiance!"
Michael cried...no he has been crying.

"Didn't you already swore your allegiance to Prince Yosef? Stand..
..up!"

"No. I haven't! I swore my loyalty to the King though."

"Michael…." Princess Emerald sighs.
"Why did you all think like that?"

"Because….you….are kind."

"Kindness is not a reason why you swore allegiance to someone! Have a grip!" She doesn't want this to become a reason how the soldiers treat her differently.

'What? Michael beats us!'
'That fool!'
'We promise to do it together.'

Unknown to her the Golden Hawk Eyed Squad are just hiding in the corner. They are all clenching their fist toward the selfish Michael.

"Michael….I do not want you to treat me like a Lord. I am nothing but a discarded princess."

"That is not true prin---"

"You see...Nobody knows me in my family. Not even my mother cared about me. I grew up with the maids. I received my allowance but I still worked to raise my money. I worked for the maids and for soldiers.
I am happy simply being me. This is not because I am strong or popular or a royalty but because people like you accept me for who I am. When I say that I respect soldiers, I mean it with all my heart. But I didn't know you will all feel shocked about it. What is shocking about it?"

"Because…..Soldiers are ordinary people who are not like nobles….we don't have school backgrounds and only knew how to fight with our swords. We are the lowest in the kingdom."