Chapter 10: Seijoh

Chapter 10:

After resting for a couple of days, Mizuki finally recovered and attended school by the end of the school week. She wasn't going to miss the boys play against Aoba Johsai, especially after she heard the rumors of an extremely talented captain on their team. Even if she didn't play volleyball, it didn't mean that she had to stop following news about volleyball.

During the week, her friends came by to check up on her which made her very happy and warm inside. Kei and Kageyama even accidentally visited her at the same time! It didn't look like she missed much in class, or with her group of her friends. Mina did mention that a very tall girl had joined the girls' volleyball club, which intrigued her.

"Hinata, are you alright?" Mizuki calmly patted his head, as he seemed to be vibrating strangely.

"I need to go to the restroom!" He panted wildly, dashing inside the school.

The bus that was taking the team to Aoba Johsai was waiting for them. On the other hand, Mina, Rina, and Mizuki were waiting for the twins' chauffeur so that they could get driven to Aoba Johsai. They didn't want to disrupt the team as they prepared for their first official practice game.

"Are you nervous?" Mizuki asked Kei, who was adjusting his headphones around his neck.

"No..." He replied as he grabbed his gym bag, "We'll probably lose to those elites anyway."

She frowned as she slapped his arm which caused him to wince in pain.

"Stop thinking like that!" She sighed exasperatedly, "It is just a practice game, but this is Karasuno's chance to show them that we are not to be messed with!"

"I really want you to join the girls volleyball club just so I don't have to get slapped by you." Kei grumbled, rubbing his arm.

Mizuki rolled her eyes and walked towards Kageyama, who had his arms crossed.

"Are you nervous, Kageyama?" She asked him. 

After his confession to her on Monday, she realized that the majority of the students in Aoba Johsai were from his junior high. This couldn't be easy for him.

"A little," He shrugged, shaking his head, "It should be Suga-san that's playing the setter position, not me."

"You're the reason they want to play against Karasuno, remember that!" She reassured him, patting his head affectionately. 

Kageyama felt a little embarrassed but at the same time, thankful for what she had done. It made him feel calmer.

Kei grimaced at the sight of the two so close to one another.

"What's wrong, Tsukishima-kun?" Rina nudged his side teasingly, "Seeing something you don't like?"

"Yes," He stared directly into her eyes, "You."

Rina's left eye twitched in anger as her sister had to pull her back from attacking Kei.

"Alright, let's go!" Sawamura called out, "Hinata's back! We can't be late for the practice game!"

"Good luck! We'll be cheering for you guys!" Mizuki grinned, giving them a thumbs-up as they watched the boys climb aboard the bus. 

Hinata looked like he was going to puke but hopefully, he doesn't. The bus left as the three of them waited for their ride.

"So, Mizuki-chan..." Rina giggled, putting her arm around her friend.

"What?" She laughed softly.

"What do you think about going on a date with Kageyama, after the game?" Rina suggested, winking.

"A date?" Mizuki raised an eyebrow, "Where is this coming from?"