/Chapter Sixteen/

Third Person

It's the start of the week and just the previous week, Y/N woke up at five to have a morning walk. As she woke up at five, she took a shower first and get in her practice clothes. When she walked out of her room, she was getting ready to go when she just saw a text from her aunt Kris saying that she can't come to pick up Y/N, tho the other manager would pick her but at a certain time.

"Oh no."

"Good morning, Y/N. Ready to go?" Chaeyoung asked as she was sitting in the living room just waiting for Y/N.

The past week was easy for Y/N as it was not just because of her aunt but also because of Dahyun and Chaeyoung. The two older who happily join Y/N on her morning walk is something Y/N really appreciates. 

"I'm not going to go right now, unnie. Aunt Kris can't come but manager unnie will be here at seven to drive me to the building."

"What? Why?" 

"She said that our family lawyer called her last night. She's in the Philippines right now and uncle already knows about it." 

"So you'll be just by yourself the whole day?"

"I think that's what gonna happen. But it's fine, I think I can do it now." Y/N said as she sat on the couch.

Chaeyoung looked at Y/N worriedly before she opened her mouth to speak.

"You want me to accompany you?"

"Are you serious?" Y/N asked as she turned to Chaeyoung.

Although she likes the thought, she feels it's too much for her to ask the latter knowing it's her schedule and not Chaeyoung's.

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind. I'm planning to go to the building too." Chaeyoung said.

"Really? Oh my, thank you very much unnie! You're such a lifesaver!" Y/N exclaimed as she hugged Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung chuckled and hugged the younger back. After a second, Y/N pulled away and looked at chaeyoung.

"So, can we still go for a morning walk?"

"If you want," Y/N said happily.

"Of course I want, let's go, I'll message manager unnie to pick us on our stop before seven so she can drive us to the building."

"Alrighty, let's go."

Chaeyoung giggled as they both head out of their dorm to start their morning walk together.

"Anyway, you know that I have a private account that follows your social media, right? I've been scrolling through Twitter last night and I saw some tweets under your name. Coach Younghae had posted some pictures with you on his Instagram and there are some fans of yours who recognized you." Chaeyoung said.

Y/N frowned as she was totally unaware of it. Tho she remembered taking pictures with her dance coach the first time they met and had lunch with her aunt.

"Really?"

"So I was right, I think he didn't ask your permission when he posted that."

"I didn't know. I haven't checked any of my socials since I got here." Y/N said.

Chaeyoung sighed as she shook her head.

"But it's okay, he didn't mention anything about your debut with us, so it's safe. But some of your fans are wondering and making up speculations about your sudden appearance on coach Younghae's post. He also followed your account."

"Aunt Kris didn't mention my debut with your team. He doesn't know anything, I think the management also refrained from telling about it to the other staff." 

"Yeah, I think so too. "

"Don't worry unnie, next time I'll be more careful. I don't wanna cause trouble even before my actual debut." Y/N said.

Chaeyoung smiled and nodded at the younger.

"It's okay, I just wanna let you know too. I'm sure the others will tell you too if they know."

"Which is why I am thankful too. You guys are the best older sisters to me. I remember wishing to have a younger sibling when my parents are still alive. But I never thought having older sisters is such a good feeling too."

"Really?"

"Yeah, It's a hundred times better than knowing you have a best friend. I mean, I am thankful that I have a best friend, but it's also different from having someone who you see as your older sister. It's like having a best friend and older sister at the same time." 

Chaeyoung smiled as she melted through the younger's words. Among all the girls, sure she has more knowledge of how genuine and sweet the younger is. After all, she's not just a Y/N casual listener, she's a fan of her.

"I'm glad I am hearing that from you. Just know that we are always right here for you. And even if all of these didn't happen, like you didn't meet us, you'll still have me."

"How so?"

"Duh, I'm your fan. I'm one of those fans who's rooting for you the first time I watched you."

"Aw, unnie you're making me cry," Y/N said as she wiped her fake tears but deep down she does appreciate it so much.

Chaeyoung laughed while shaking her head.

"But if you're going to think of it, It's kinda amazing how we just met. You listened to my covers while I unconsciously listen to the team's songs."

"Unconsciously?" Chaeyoung asked as she looked at Y/N confusedly as if she was offended.

"I haven't told this to anyone but I don't really listen to kpop songs. Only my best friend who's really into it and I kinda hear your songs. But before I agreed, when uncle opened the offer, I checked all the group's songs."

"You're the only Korean who doesn't listen to kpop, you know that?"

"Am I?" Y/N asked and chuckled.

"But why tho?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Mom and Dad always want me to be an idol. You know, like signing under a Korean entertainment... Just like today."

"And you don't like that thought?" 

"It's not like I don't like it. I just think I can't do it. The Kpop industry is pretty wide and popular. Tho I always want to sing, I think I can do better when I am out of the Kpop range. Which is why I also refrain from getting into it. And in the Philippines, everyone wants me to be a Kpop idol since I am Korean. It's kinda pressure for me, I don't see the fun on that. But look where I am right now?"

"What made you change your mind then?"

"My parents. When they passed away, I thought of stopping everything, but then I realized it was time to do what they want. I know I would learn to love it anyway, But I kinda wish I'd done this when they are still alive, maybe I saw how happy and proud are they right now. Even before I sing, I know they are proud of me, but this is different, It's their dream and what they want for me."