Chapter 5

Song for this chapter: Unity by Alan Walker ft the Walkers. Video in the media.

Elyon's POV

It's been a week since resumption. A week since I resumed this school and so far, I'm loving it even more. Mateo has been my go-to guy, always there whenever I have difficulty in anything.

Skye and Jamal settled their fight, probably at home anyway because the day after the fight at the cafeteria, they came back to school like themselves again, an obviously inseparable twins.

Though, I noticed that Jamal came to school earlier than he did on Monday but Mateo filled me in on his therapy days. He would also have at least a cup of coffee with him every morning before we go to school, but I didn't question that, telling myself constantly that it wasn't any of my business.

The table was now tension-free, well apart from Somadina and Vanessa's constant bickering as well as Jamal taking his drug right in front of me and not caring that Skye would constantly shoot warning daggers at him. Mateo would also notice this and they to get my attention away from the pair, which I was grateful for.

Classes have started and at the moment, we art students were having literature class. Actually we've been having the class for about forty to forty five minutes now and it's been nothing short of fun. The young female teacher, Miss Amure was really engaging.

"I'm so grateful that all of you passed last session's exam. Did any of you repeat?" She asked.

"No ma'am. We are too good to repeat. That question is meant for the science class. Does guys are a pack of numskulls." One guy from the back said and everyone laughed, including me. It's was Tejiri that spoke, popularly known as T. J.

"Tejiri, that's not a very nice thing to say, especially coming from you. It's not like you were not promoted on probation yourself." A girl right behind me, Esosa deadpanned.

"Yeah!!!" Everyone in the class hollered, as T. J looked down in mock shame.

"At least I got promoted sha." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"It's okay, it's alright. It's like you people have not grown past your childish banters." As soon as she said that, the bell went off indicating that her period was over.

"Okay, you people have succeeded in wasting my time. From next week, we'll start reading our Literature text, Faceless. Everyone should bring their own copy. Have a nice day." Miss Amure said and left the class. Immediately, the class was thrown into disarray. I looked at Mateo who was arranging his books in his locker.

"Hey, are we going to Music class?" I asked him. He looked at me and nodded.

"Yes. Apparently, it's just four of people that are offering music, the rest are going to be on free period. So, we'll be going to the music studio." Mateo explained and I nodded, getting my music note, my purse and my phone from my locker.

"Who are the others?" I asked him.

"That would be me and her." Esosa's voice came from behind me and I looked at the other person she was pointing at. It was Semilore, the rather quiet girl from the back of the class who just waved at me. I looked at Mateo.

"So, you are the only guy?" I asked him and his lips turned in that mischievous smirk I've gotten familiar with.

"What can I say, the ladies can't resist me." He gloated and I scoffed while Esosa rolled her eyes.

"Abi you are the one that can't resist us? Semi and I joined way before you even thought of joining. So don't flatter yourself." Esosa said with a bit of sass.