Epilogue

Cedric and Lori walked arm in arm through Kings Cross station, with Danielle pushing her trolley between Amos and Petronella

Cedric and Lori walked arm in arm through Kings Cross station, with Danielle pushing her trolley between Amos and Petronella. As their only grandchild, they spent a lot of time with her, constantly showering her with presents.

D.M.D. was stamped along the side of her suitcase, an owl hooting gleefully in the cage above.

They came to see the rest of her cousins off every year, so she happily raced through the wall between platforms 9 and 10 with a wide grin, her grandparents going with her.

Sharing an excited look, Lori and Cedric followed them, coming face to face with the crimson locomotive, steam spewing from the front and hoots whistling occasionally.

All along the platform, children were bading goodbye to their families, owls and cats and toads being lugged onto the train with suitcases.

"Look," Lori pointed, noticing the crowd of redheads, "there they are."

Molly hugged all of them when they got over, pressing a kiss to Danielle's forehead. It didn't take long for Katherine to appear beside her mother, prefect badge gleaming on her Ravenclaw robes.

Cedric bent down to his daughter, "No bullying Kat, do you understand?"

Danielle stuck out her bottom lip in a pout, "But it's so fun."

Clearly having got the wrong end of their conversation, the girl in question rested her hands on her cousin's shoulders, "Maybe you'll be in Ravenclaw like me."

"Not bloody likely." she muttered when Katherine had strolled back over to her parents, miming throwing up.

"That's the spirit." Fred laughed, giving her a fist bump, George doing the same moments later, "She even says bloody."

George nodded, "That's definitely a Gryffindor word."

"Really?" Katie laughed as she tackled Lori, while Leanne and Cho stood with their adopted son, Teddy Lupin. His hair was now neon blue, though he most frequently wore it brown like his father.

"Auntie Katie!" all of the children bellowed, wrapping their arms around her at the same time.

Fred groaned, "That's not fair! She's not allowed to be the favourite."

Angelina patted her husband's shoulder gently, "Oh, there's no doubt about it. She's the coolest aunt, you can be the coolest uncle."

"What about me?" George asked, his wife, Alicia, shaking her head with a grin.

A shrill whistle echoed through the platform, "All aboard!"

Kissing her parents goodbye, Danielle clambered onto the train, suitcase in one hand and her owl cage in the other. She sat in a compartment with Rose and Albus, all of them waving excitedly at their family.

Hermione smiled as a Chocolate Frog landed in her daughter's hand, one of the other children picking up the card and turning it over, before gaping as she pointed at Harry out of the window.

With one last hoot, the train shunted forwards, Fred bellowing loudly, "Send us a Hogwarts toilet seat!"

*

Danielle Maud Diggory, named after two men who had sacrificed themselves for the greater good, was said by McGonagall to be the shortest sortings of the thousands she had ever seen.

Gryffindor had gained another one of the Weasleys. And, it didn't take her long to join James as the pranksters of the school, actually mailing a toilet seat to their uncles in their first week.

The two became Beaters together when she reached her second year, both pulling relentless tricks, mostly aimed at Katherine, who became Head Girl in her final year.

She was a Lion, just like her mother, but she was also a guilty favourite among the staff, especially Neville.

Danielle's every letter was pinned on the special wall with the rest of her cousins', parchment covering every spare inch.

Needless to say, Fred and George were elated when she came to work for them after finishing school.

"We should pay them a visit." Lori mused as Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes came into view, Cedric nodded his head.

A tinkling rang through the shop when they went in, Danielle instantly wrapping her parents in a hug, wearing a suit similar to her uncles.

"What can I get ya?" she laughed, "Fever Fudge? Nosebleed Nougat?"

Her Auror parents looked at each other with a grin as she left to serve some actual customers.

"She's perfect." Cedric smiled, leaning his head on top of Lori's.

"Even when she's throwing a tantrum." she conceded, still in awe of the shop with its bright colours and displays.

"I've got my girls," he pressed a kiss to her forehead, "Mrs and Miss Diggory."

"Weasley." she jokingly corrected with a grin.

"Still not how it works!"

THE END

Author's note:

My other Cedric Diggory books and my two sequels for this one are available to read on my profile and their blurbs are in the next few chapters!

I actually can't believe that the journey is over! I've laughed and cried and cheered while writing this and it's going to be such a shame not writing any more Lodric scenes.

Thanks so everyone for coming on this journey with me and I love you all!
Soph x

PS: I'm not crying 😭