Chapter 8

Quick Author's notes:
I was planning on updating this later at 12am (it's 10:59pm rn) and then I thought that it's 12 am somewhere so uhhh- here you go.
------------------

Victoria and I went separated after the class ended. Thankfully she told me where my next class would be.

I walked through the halls of the school, still feeling the lingering stares of some people.

"Hey!" I hear someone call. I stopped on my tracks and looked behind me, a girl with with a bright smile went to me.

"Hey." I said, "is there a problem?" She looked like she ran up to me.

Her eyes went wide "oh gosh no!" She chuckled, "I just saw you walking alone and I thought 'hey, why not invite the new girl on my table?' I have a big circle of friends and we're kinda popular around here so I promise you won't feel out of place." She said sheepishly.

It was a tempting offer but I promised myself that I will be befriending people now, not the other way around.

"As much as I want to accept, I actually planned on touring myself around." I said, denying her offer.

"Oh..." She replied, her voice lowered.

"But hey! There's other days we could eat lunch together." It was embarrassing to turn an offer down from a potential friend so I at least gave reassurance.

She looked at me with a sweet smile and nodded her head. "Alright. Mind if I get your name?"

"It's Chloe."

"I'm Kristy. Also your outfit matches your name."

I looked down at myself, "What do you mean?" I asked, a bit confused and worried.

"You look really aesthetic, it suits you." She smiled sheepishly.

It's just a t-shirt though... But I pushed the thought aside.

"Thanks!" I said nonetheless, "anyway, I should go. I have a school to explore and you have your friends to eat with."

"Okay, I'll see you around?" She asked hopefully.

"Yep! Bye Kristy." I said and started to walk away.

"Bye Chloe." She waved her hand.

I walked through the quite noisy halls and got lost in my own thoughts.

Being rich has its perks, you get what you want without working hard for it and the fact that my parents aren't strict makes my life more easy.

I don't even have to ask them to buy me anything because I have my own card to use. You can say my dad was a "rags to riches" type of person. Before he was the owner of the top companies, he was first a kid that delivered newspapers for a living.

As for my mom, she was already rich, with her parents being a lawyer and a doctor, her life was not easy. She had to study hard and get the diploma my grandparents wanted. I never knew how they met considering they were in two different worlds.

All I know is that I'm soon to take my place in my dad's company, that's why they allowed me to live my life.

For the past three years I've been in countless parties, different countries, met hundreds of people but it was starting to get old.

Last minute I talked to my parents and they allowed me to go here at Golden State High. I lived in a life of spontaneity to the point where it had a routine itself.

So ever since 2020 started I changed things, I stopped going with acquaintances, I restricted myself to traveling all until I feel alive again.

Now I'm trying to get everyone to see me like a normal teenager like they are because I know for sure, if they found out, I'm yeeting myself out of here.

You know that feeling when you played a video game and you insert a cheat code that gives you everything in the game and then in a few tries you get bored of it? That's how I feel. I want to feel stressed for once.

It might sound stupid or people might say that I'm just not using my money and fame right but it's true. I had too much privileges that being approached by people just to offer you a seat for lunch makes me a little sick.

I continued walking around until I found the the cafeteria, it's a two story building with trees at the front. It looked fresh and cozy, I could see students walking in and out and others sitting under the trees, some groups playing guitar and some eating happily.

One girl caught my attention but it seems she doesn't notice my staring.

She was wearing light pink cargo pants, her black shirt tucked in, hugging the right curves. Her brown hair tied up in a ponytail and her face was buried in a book she was reading until she lowered it and grabbed a sandwich.

I caught a glimpse of her face and oh my god what fucking beauty she held. She looked bored, but still focused on the book she was reading. Plump lips, pointy nose and her cat eyes was alluring me.

I couldn't picture her more because I was a little far away so I took a deep breath and walked towards her.