CHAPTER | 28 |

HIS EYES RAKED across my body, inspecting my outfit and seemed to a conclusion as his grin deepened. I turned in my seat doing my own inspection. The gold rings on his fingers showed off his wealth, his hair gelled to perfection, suit custom-made to his body - he was definitely De Vil. He placed a hand on my thigh, a bold move but for him, this was normal.

"You're not Italian." A statement.

"No."

He stared at me before taking a sip of his drink then speaking. "Why is a gorgeous woman like yourself alone?"

"My date ditched me," I shrugged lightly. "He chose business over me. Imagine that."

The outrage in my voice made him nod, a plan forming in his head to get me alone now that I was on the market. "His loss is another man's treasure." His thumb rubbed the skin of my thigh suggestively and I did everything in my power not to move away from him. "A woman should be looked after properly."

"Are you able to do that?"

The unpredictable glint in his eyes behind the mask told me that the ideas he had weren't family friendly. "That and more. I didn't introduce myself. Quince De Vil."

I took his hand which he lifted to press a kiss on my knuckles. "Nice to meet you, De Vil."

"Likewise."

I was starting to understand why he was dangerous. The arrogance was off putting but what lurked under was concerning. He wanted possession, the way he looked at me wasn't desire, it was more of a need to own me like a new shiny toy. De Vil wanted submission and the excitement in his eyes creeped me out.

"What brings you here?" I asked curiously.

His hand was slowly inching up my leg as we spoke. "I'm laying low for a while," he laughed like it was an inside joke. "Too much going on at home."

"Family?"

"You could say that." He pointed to the drink on the table. "Drink up."

I lifted it to my lips without breaking eye contact with him, unable to refuse. It tasted strange so I had no doubt it was spiked and put the glass down without finishing it. Considering the amount I drank, I guessed I had thirty minutes before it would take effect. "What time is it?"

"Almost eleven. Why?"

Leaning forward, I ran my hand down his chest then whispered. "I've had enough of this party so why don't we leave and have our own fun?"

That was the correct answer as he pulled me up so I was standing. "Lead the way, Milan."

Ghost unsurprisingly knew the layout of the room before we arrived, telling me to 'leave through the door near the bar'. We made our way down the long corridor, his hand loan on my back and I could feel his excitement that soon was going to end. He pushed me against the wall, apparently too eager to wait and started kissing my neck. For f*ck sake. I placed my hands on his shoulder to make it seem like I was enjoying it when the lights flicked out.

"What's going on? Wait-"

I felt De Vil get ripped away from me and a torch illuminated Grey's bored face. "Time to go."

In silence, we walked with Grey holding up an unconscious De Vil until we found Ace holding open a door. It was an emergency exit I realized as I removed my mask and wiped my neck, still traumatized by the attack. The van as promised was parked amongst some trees beside a building that looked like housing for the staff. The two men tied De Vil's wrists and ankles then threw him in the van after removing everything from his pockets and dumping them on the floor.