Chapter 8: Crying and Hugs

Ryan's POV

Emma has spent the past two hours trying on clothes. We just finished eating our ice cream and Emma wanted to go shopping.

She try's on clothes and comes out of the dressing room to ask me what I think. I think she's beautiful in anything she wears.

"What do you think?" She asks it's about the sixth outfit she's shown me and I like this one the most it's a light green sundress that has little white daisy's on it.

"You look gorgeous!" I say. This is also the sixth time I've said that.

"Liar! You say that about everything I wear!" She screams tears pouring down her cheeks.
She runs out of the small boutique. I run into the dressing room grab her clothes give the cashier a fifty and run after her.

I find my mate sitting on a bench down the strip mall. Her cheeks are flush and her pink lips quiver ever so slightly as she breaths. I don't know what's happening it's like a switch was flipped.

Slow tears leek through her eyes running down her cheeks and onto her lips and chin. Some mascara stained her skin.

I had the instinct to just grab her and wrap her up in my arms and that's what I did. I followed my instincts which led to her crying even more and soaking my shirt in tears. I'm so confused how can her mood just switch like a lightbulb?

Emma doesn't say a word to me as I ift her up from the seat and carry us to the car. I buckle her into the passenger seat and kiss her cheek.

"I'll be right back stay here." I whisper.

I run back to the store and grab all the clothes she had tried on which were still left in the dressing room. The cashier checks me out while giving me a weird questioning look the entire time. Thanking her I run back to the car putting the bags in the trunk. Emma's still sobbing this time its quieter.

When we arrive to the house Emma had cried herself to sleep. I lift her up and carry her inside to lay her on her bed. She slept through dinner which made me worry more. My mother said it's just part of her growing up but her reassuring statements didn't calm me down. I went to bed without the accompany of my mate. I had a hard time sleeping that night I was uncomfortable without Emma. I couldn't stop myself from walking to her room and laying next to my sleeping beauty.

It sounds weird to say but I love watching Emma when she sleeps. Her rosy lips twitch every once in a while. Her long blonde hair is splayed across the pillow. And when she wakes up in the morning her long lashes open to reveal her beautiful blue doe eyes.

I pull her sleeping body close to me and hug her like she's as fragile as glass. Soon my eyelids feel heavy and I give into sleep.

Emma POV

I'm warm. I'm warm and tingles encase my body. I'm with Ryan there's no reason to open my eyes I can feel his arms around me. Memories of yesterday come flooding back into my mind. I can't believe I made such a fool of myself in front of Ryan. I was upset, yesterday I couldn't help but feel emotional. Why? I have no clue.

I open my eyes to find Ryan still asleep. I untangle myself from him and run to find the only person who I can trust besides Ryan.

"Emma why are you in such a rush?" The Luna asks was I run into the kitchen. She's always here in the morning making breakfast. She's a breakfast person which is nice because it means more waffles for me.

"I need to talk to you. Is their somewhere more private where we can talk?" I ask. Luna Audrey nods her head and grabs my hand gently and leads me to a room. It's a pretty pink themed lounging room. I e both take a seat onto a cream colored couch which is covered with different decorative pillows. I grab onto one and hug onto it.

"I had a weird day yesterday..." I went on to tell Audrey about evil Elise and the trip to the strip mall Ryan and I went on. I told her about how I felt so happy and in the dressing room everything just switched.

All of a sudden she began laughing. She was laughing at me.

"Oh Emma I'm sorry dear but, well, you're going through puberty. It's normal to get cranky or feel like you just want to cry for no reason at all. Don't worry about it."

We talked a while longer and I had felt much better after talking to our Luna. Audrey treats me like her daughter. I miss my mom all the time and although no one could ever replace her Audrey is always their as a helping hand.

Ryan burst through the doors as we finished up our conversation. His hairs a mess and he has a little bit I've drool on the corner of his mouth. His clothes are wrinkle from sleep. He looks cute even in the morning. His face shows instant relief as his eyes land on where I'm sitting.

"I couldn't find you. I got worried." He murmurs looking down. He thinks I'm upset with him which hurts me inside. I get up front the couch and run to hug him which he gratefully accepts wrapping his arms around me and lifting me from the ground. We stay like that just holding onto one another.

If the Luna is right about the whole me wanting to cry thing boy oh boy is my mate going to go insane.

Stay safe

XOXO- Lillian Dero