13 | ρнoтogrαρн

A/N: I try to strive for alternating chapters between Jamie and Scar, but I realized this chapter would be much more effective in Jamie's POV. So I'm sorry for having his POV two chapters in a row. It is what it is. And also, if you take a moment to read the author's note at the end of the chapter, you'll find some very interesting news!

• • •

And if you hurt me that's okay

Baby only words bleed

Chapter 13 ~ Photograph

          Jamie Myers

I woke up to the sound of my phone blasting an annoying ringtone at an ungodly hour. It had taken me hours to fall asleep considering the fact that my mattress might as well have been a piece of cardboard, so whoever was on the other line would have to face my wrath.

Rolling over to my side and wrapping myself into my sheets, I grabbed my phone from the nightstand. Without even bothering to check the caller ID, I answered the call and pressed the phone to my ear. "What," I spat into the phone, not having any remorse for the person on the other end.

"Hey," Scar's voice echoed throughout my ears. "Good morning."

It was to safe to say that hearing Scar's voice made my eyes open a little, but I was still tired as hell. "What? Scar, it's six in the morning."

He gasped. "Oh, is it?" He asked in a dumb innocent voice. "I didn't realize."

"Didn't realize," I muttered under my breath as I dragged a lazy hand aross my face and groaned lousily. "Jesus, Scar. I'm going back to bed."

"Wait!" he pleaded. "I was wondering if you want to come over today? I wanna go over some of the demographics for the kissing booth because I'm not really that good at math so I'm not sure how much money I should be making. Tomorrow will be the last day of Carnival Week and I want to make sure I have enough money for those uniforms once I take away the money for myself and the money you wanted. Plus, the doctor told me I had to stay in bed all day and it'll be so much more fun if you were here."

"Demographics?" I questioned while chuckling a bit, though it sounded like a hoarse groan. "It's way too early to be saying all these big words, Scar. I can barely understand."

He paused for a brief moment, almost like he was thinking of what to say. "I want to see you today," he said casually, as if it was something he said on a daily basis. It bothered me that Scar was taking our whole relationship in stride. We kissed, maybe, but I had expected Scar to freak out over it and tell me to stop being a faggot - despite the fact that he was the one who initiated it.

"Okay," I agreed anyway because I was just a sucker for anything slightly romantic that came out of Scar's mouth. "I'll try to stop by after school."

"Cool," he replied and then after a while, he continued, "Jamie, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"How was it?" he asked me. "You know, the kiss."

I tried to stop myself from laughing. Was he seriously asking me to talk about how I felt when we kissed? I was pretty much open to doing almost anything, but I was definitely not open to discussing my feelings with Scar. "It was all right."

His voice faltered. "All right? Just all right?"

"Yep," I said coolly, taking pride in the fact that it must've dented his ego. "I'll see you after school." Without giving him time to respond, I hung up the phone and tossed it to the side.