2. THE BEAUTY OF ZEN

02 : the beauty of zen

first person.
VALERIE

I HAVE NEVER seen such an out of place person. That boy looked like he drew facial hair on his face. Is he really the son of a rich guy? His name tag was the exact same of a Windsor Academy student. Most importantly his name is Zenith Easton, the son of the father who ruined my mother's reputation in the past.

"You kids ready for school?" Silvia questions, her eyes on the road. We moved into her penthouse suite last night and she offered to drive us to school this morning. My mind was filled with several questions about the boy from last night, his appearance was unusual.

"Yeah." I murmur.

I glance at the name tag in my hand, Zenith Easton. A Windsor academy student looks like that. The fact he was nice surprised me, I thought a Windsor Academy student would be snobby and above the world but this boy dressed like he was never rich in the first place.

"You've been staring at that name tag all morning, where did you find it?" Chandler questions, he snatches it off me and glances at the name tag.

"Hey!"

"Zenith Easton." he reads out loud. "His name sounds so nice; Why was I stuck with the name Chandler, it sounds like Chancla and that means slipper! Is my worth really defined by a slipper that can be used as a weapon." he says dramatically.

"How did you get his name tag?" Silvia questions, looking at me through her car mirror.

"He left it on the bench at the convenience store," I respond, taking the name tag from Chandler.

"You met him?" Chandler exclaims.

"He looked different," I mutter, thinking back to his hair which looked like a wig and rusty MP3 player.