~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝔂-𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ~

Chapter Eighty-Eight: Visitors

It happened immediately, Lina was jerked forward, they were travelling at such a speed that the wind was howling in her ear and the world around her was a blur, Lina's finger was still hooked on the boot and then as quickly as it started it stoppe...

It happened immediately, Lina was jerked forward, they were travelling at such a speed that the wind was howling in her ear and the world around her was a blur, Lina's finger was still hooked on the boot and then as quickly as it started it stopped, her feet landed on soldier ground. With a small oof, she tripped over thin air and landed face forward on the ground.

"Need a hand?" She heard Cedric ask.

Lina rolled over on her back and saw everyone but Cedric, Amos and Mr Wealsey on their feet. Lina glared at Cedric but he just smiled back and held out his hand for her. Lina puffed out her cheeks and took his hand.

Cedric pulled her up to his chest "hi" he said.

Lina rolled her eyes and gently pushed him "shut up."

"Seven past five from Stoathead Hill," a voice said. Two tired and grumpy looking wizards were standing in front of the group, one held a large gold cloak and the other was holding a roll of parchment and quill.

"Morning Basil" Mr Wealsey greeted handing the wizard that held the watch the old boot, he threw it into a large with other used Portkeys.

"Hell there Arthur" Basil replied "not on duty eh? It's all right for some...we've been here all night...you'd better get out of the way, we've got a big party coming in from the Black Forest at five fifteen. Hang on, I'll find your campsite...Weasley...Weasley" he trailed off checking the parchment list "about a quarter of a miles walk over there, first field you come to. Site managers called Mr Roberts...Diggory...second field...ask for Mr Payne."

"Thanks, Basil" Mr Weasley said and beckoned for everyone to follow him.

Lina and Cedric followed the group, at a much slower pace of course and the pair ended up at the back of the group. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to see you over the summer," Cedric said.

"That's alright" Lina replied with a slight smile "how was your holiday?"

"Alright," Cedric shrugged "it was only me and mum cos dad's been busy at the Ministry, some top-secret thing that's going on."

"Percy keeps mentioning it but won't say what it is. I might write to Uncle Ted, see if he'll spill. Should do."

"Hmm have you heard from - you know."

Lina looked ahead at the rest of the group, no one was paying them a second thought "a few times, he mostly asks about how I am, says he's still travelling and then, of course, there was the bike and jacket."

"Oh yeah," Cedric replied grinning "how is it?"

"Beautiful, and I look good with that jacket on. I'm going to bring it to school with me, then you'll get to see."

Cedric swallowed and nodded "er, yeah, yeah, looking forward to it."

The couple chatted away until a small cottage came into view, behind Lina could see hundreds and hundreds of tents that stretched all the way to a dark woods on the horizon.